A large, multinational organization in the Manchester area is looking for an In House Group Tax Manager to lead their tax function. You will be responsible for managing the group's compliance with UK and overseas taxes, monitoring associated risk, and keeping the Directors appropriately appraised. A fantastic package and home working options are available.
This is a large, multinational business in the Manchester area with an established finance team. They are very much international and in a period of growth. They are offering a varied role with an excellent package, flexible working options, and career progression opportunities.
The successful In house Group Tax Manager will be responsible for:
UK tax governance
* Consider at all times the Group's position under HMRC's business risk review regime - a key aim of this role is to maintain a low-risk rating with HMRC
* Maintain a positive working relationship and act as a key point of contact with Group HMRC CCM. Act as a point of contact between the Group and HMRC in resolving queries and assisting HMRC with inquiries as required
* Review and manage the Group's obligations under the CCO regime, ensuring compliance both with the UK and overseas requirements.
* Actively maintain the Tax Risk Register.
* Co-ordinate the SAO process, work with Group Finance & Compliance Directors to provide critical assurance to the SAO (CFO), and recommend actions as required.
* Preparation and publication of online annual tax strategy document.
UK tax compliance
* Corporation tax
o Manage UK compliance process and tax accounting disclosures in conjunction with external advisors.
o Prepare Group CIR calculations and review with external advisors
o Assist the Group FD with Group payment on account calculations
* Indirect tax - Work with Group finance teams to ensure timely and accurate completion/submission of all Group VAT returns. Review processes and returns (at appropriate intervals to provide assurance).
* Employment taxes
o Work with Group HR to prepare and review Group P11Ds
o Work with Group Finance teams to prepare/review Group PSAs, ensuring all available reliefs are utilized to optimize the tax position
o Support the Financial Operations Manager/ wider Group payroll managers/ HR with PAYE/ NI queries as required.
* Ensure timely and accurate tax payments and filings.
UK tax advisory
* Actively review the operations of the Group against available tax reliefs, continually working to optimize the Group's tax position
* Manage the Group's R&D claims process, ensuring the accuracy of claims and sufficiency of supporting information
* Assist the Group with M&A and restructuring/ financing activity as required
* Keep the senior leadership team appraised of key tax developments, in particular through participation in regular legislation steering committee meetings
* Assist the Group in preparation for key legislative changes
Overseas tax compliance
* Ensure timely submissions of overseas tax returns, working with overseas finance teams where required/available
* Act as a point of contact for the Group with overseas tax advisors, managing the Group relationship and ensuring kept up to date with relevant law changes
* Be key finance contact for setups and liquidations of overseas subsidiaries/ branches etc, liaising with in-country professional advisors and service providers to ensure full compliance with local taxes and regulations.
* Work with advisors to manage the Group's withholding tax obligations
* Work with advisors to review/optimize the Group's tax position with regards to funding, including the UK and overseas thin capitalization requirements
* Review the Group management charge calculation matrix and assist the finance team with calculations as required
* Ensure timely and accurate submission of the Group's country by country report
* Maintain and manage Transfer Pricing documentation and compliance
* Ad hoc consultancy support as required by the Directors, within areas of expertise
The successful In House Group Tax Manager will be
- ACA, CTA qualified or equivalent
- Have significant Corporation Tax experience from an accountancy practice or already be in an In House Tax position
- Basic Salary: £55,000 - £75,000 (range dependent on experience)
- Car allowance circa £5,000
- Bonus 10-20%
- Homeworking / flexible working options
- Range of other benefits