A Client Manager position has become available in a small firm in North London for a qualified candidate with an accounts background. A great opportunity to manage your own portfolio and supervise staff. A progressive role within a firm that are very supportive and want to see their staff develop technically and personally.
This North London Accountancy firm has over 25 years experience providing solutions to clients from a variety of sectors including media and healthcare begin two focus points. They have a pro active and forward thinking approach and are growing at a steady rate as business growth is at the forefront of their business plans.
10% Audit 90% Accounts
The role of the Client Manager is to be responsible for preparing the accounts for all types of businesses, dealing with their tax affairs and for liaising with the business owners. You will also take responsibility for the following duties:
- Preparation of statutory accounts from primary records through to finalisation. This will include communicating with the client to ensure all queries are resolved as much as possible before presenting to the partner for review
- Assist the managers and supervise junior team members. You will delegate work to more junior staff members, while monitoring their progress and review the work they have carried out
- Fully conversant with VAT regulations
- Support the outsourcing team overseas
- Planning assignments and monitoring budgets for each project. Be responsible for setting deadlines to manage assignments effectively
- Build strong relationships with clients and become first point on contact for your portfolio
- Assisting on audits when necessary to support the audit team leader
- Fully Qualified with ACA/ACCA membership
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles. Be fully confident to apply FRS102 accounting standards correctly
- Strong working knowledge of Sage Line 50, Xero and CCH
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and to tight deadlines
- A working knowledge of UK GAAP and UK tax legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a confident and polite telephone manner
- Team player
Flexible working with 1-2 days per week from home.