Payroll Time AnalystTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Payroll Time Analyst, you will be a member of the Global Business Services team in the Payroll, responsible for delivering HR service assistance to the HR community, business managers and employees.
Reporting to the Manager Payroll Time, you will be specializes in the analysis of employee time and is responsible for monitoring all related system activity internally and externally. Collectively collaborates with payroll department to proactively monitor internal controls to ensure accuracy, compliance, and timely transactional activity to support time processing.
Position may be located in Cary, NC; Memphis, TN; or Ft. Smith, AR. Your responsibilities
- Monitors time processing activity and is one of the liaisons for time processing support
- Collaborates with different departments within Global Business Services (GBS) and other workstreams to resolve employee inquiries/cases within a certain timeframe. Documents the source, seeks proper approvals, determines any necessary pay calculations & documents them according to ABB policies that will effectively substantiate actions taken
- Must have deep understanding of time entry, Kronos to SAP and SAP to SAP, Kronos to Workday time interfaces, time transfer, time evaluation, and payroll valuation of time. Analyze and reconcile calculations including complex non-standardized pay rules, quotas, accruals, and manual entries
- Continuously communicates with the site HRBP's and time administrators to resolve time issues and accurately convey the site's needs
- Be able to analyze all payroll or Masterdata related entries that impact the accuracy of time processing.
- Performs detailed reconciliations for internal & external audits
- Creates reporting to support internal & external functions
- Assists with regression testing collectively with Payroll Time Manager. Assist with additional testing when needed for various processes with Time
- Demonstrate cross-functional payroll and time knowledge and collectively collaborates with payroll and other members of the Time team to proactively monitor internal controls to ensure accuracy, compliance, and timely resolution of issues
- Assists with quarterly and annual audit engagements with ABB's Internal & External Auditors. Ensures informational requests are documented, information is provided and that any issues are clearly identified and resolved
- Ability to manage highly confidential materials and issues effectively
- Provide customer support for the business regarding Kronos timecards and pay issues
- Provides training as needed for Kronos users to ensure accurate information and compliance
- Participation and execution of projects as assigned to ensure project goals and objectives are met
- Provides recommendations for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements. Confirms that all controls are functioning as designed and proactively identifies areas for improvement in internal controls. Includes testing of segregation of duties (SOD), testing of payroll time controls and identifies "gaps", as well as participating in annual SOX testing and validation exercises
- Associates degree and 5 years of related experience or bachelor's degree and 3 years of related experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with SAP required with Workday Payroll and Time strongly preferred
- Intermediate/Advanced experience with EXCEL and Microsoft Office
- Implementation Experience of time and payroll systems
- Ability to manage and execute through influence, able to manage through direct line accountability
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, adapt well to changing priorities to meet deadlines and work on various initiatives concurrently
- Critical thinking skills needed to investigate and resolve issues
- Ability to work in a flexible environment where requirements and procedures continuously evolve
- Highly ethical, analytical, team-oriented, flexible, inquisitive, logical, organized, and meticulous
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to multi-task, take initiative and follow through, work well under pressure
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
Global Business Services (GBS) is ABB's shared services organization which delivers operational and expert services in Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Legal, Global Travel Services and external Customer Contact Centers. With employees based in five main hubs and front offices, GBS provides mainly Business services to ABB teams across the globe as well as supports with external customer inquiries.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.