Rare opportunity to join a financial reporting team, in a large and progressive business with a fantastic team culture. Reporting into a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for producing year end and interim accounts and will support on the audit process. You will also be involved in ad hoc project work, becoming the technical expert to support the wider finance team.
My client are a household name in Yorkshire, with a fantastic reputation for offering excellent flexibility and work life balance. They have a large finance team based in Leeds, and this role will offer brilliant long term progression prospects and opportunities for the successful individual.
As Financial Accountant, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Producing statutory and interim accounts
- Providing high quality financial reporting
- Ensuring maintenance of financial controls
- Working closely with external auditors to support with audit process
- Ad hoc project work as required
- Providing technical expertise to wider finance team and business
- Keeping up to date with changes in accounting standards, and training and providing relevant information to wider teams
- Supporting wider financial reporting team as required
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Financial Accounting/Reporting experience
- Knowledge of IFRS/UK GAAP
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced Excel Skills
In return, the client is offering a competitive salary c£40-45k (doe), plus wider package.