My client is looking for someone like you to become their all-new Credit Underwriter and join and lead a passionate and talented Finance team, where they are currently building on the years of success that my client has enjoyed. You will be involved in taking timely & sound credit decisions within the assigned business area & within delegated authorities ensuring smooth transactions within the sale of products by minimising loss of credit.
The client is one of the worlds leading financing companies based just outside of Aylesbury, within the county of Buckinghamshire.
This Credit Underwriter will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Approving or declining credit requests within delegated credit authority in a timely manner
- Assisting in the preparation of credit applications exceeding established authority
- Recommending where appropriate an alternative credit option
- Ensuring credit decisions comply with policies, procedures and guidelines
- Managing the credit organisation and all the credit processes in-country
- Managing and motivating a relatively small team
- Managing the Wholesale Touch Audit process
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Key requirements for the successful Credit Underwriter:
- Confident, pro-active and highly organised.
- Ability to manage the conflict.
- Multiple years of experience undertaking risk decision and / or underwriting commercials loans (MUST be able to do this without credit vetting agencies)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of financial statements
- Degree educated ideally in Banking, Finance, Economics or similar
- Post-graduate or professional qualification desirable but not essential (i.e. CICM, CIMA, ACCA).
- Good level of written and verbal communication.
- Clean driving licence and willingness to occasionally stay away from home as and when required (3-4 times a year).
- This is a full-time office-based position.
- Salary £40,000 - £50,000
- Company Car
- Great Bonus scheme
- 25 days holidays plus 8 bank holidays
- Excellent pension scheme
- Medical cover (family)
- On-site parking
- Opportunities to make an impact as well as learn and develop further
- An innovative and friendly workplace with a team we're proud to be part of.