Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA Accountant required
Senior Finance Manager required for leading Dorset based Charity
Senior Finance Manager required to join a leading Dorset based Charity. This is an exciting time to join this organisation as they are expected to double in size in the next 5 years.
- Responsible for the finance function of the Charity ensuring efficient day to day management, controls, systems and reporting.
- Line management of the Finance Team.
- Provide financial support to branches and all areas of the Charity
- Manage and develop finance systems, process & procedures
- Support the Director of Finance & Operations with Governance & Audit
- Support the Director of Finance & Operations with reporting Performance & KPI's
- Responsible for the finance functions, the annual audit, any other statutory audits
- Line management of the Finance team
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness of the finance department by setting up and maintaining adequate systems to ensure efficient procedures are in place.
- Ensure the finance team meets all internal and external deadlines such as VAT returns, grant claims and reporting.
- Liaise with external bodies such as Auditors and Grant funders.
- Responsible for reporting financial and performance KPI's for the Charity and the Trading Company.
- Responsible for the overall budget & forecasting process
- Responsible for the management of the Charity's contracts.
- Responsible for completion of VAT returns and Gift Aid claims and resolve any related queries.
- Responsible for the management and preparation of payroll and pensions.
- Liaise with the Charity's banks on all financial and administrative matters and oversee Treasury Management.
- Provide support with Governance as required
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the Charity's Trading.
- Liaison with and management of the Charity's Branches on all financial aspects.
- Manage the finance & payroll systems and lead on improvements
- Assist Director of Finance & Operations to ensure all financial policies remain current and relevant.
ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant
Proven experience of working in a similar role
Experience of all aspects of Finance ledgers
Practical experience and knowledge of VAT and tax issues
Experience and knowledge of Gift Aid
Practical experience of payroll and pensions
Experience of reconciliations
Advanced Excel skills including the ability to design and develop new Excel spread sheets
Experience and understanding of reporting and accounting for restricted funds
Project Accounting experience
Experience of Contract Management
Experience of Charity Accounts & SORP
Full driving licence (or means to travel around the area) and valid car insurance for business use
25 days holiday
Generous pension scheme
Very friendly team
A chance to work for an extremely worthwhile organisation