UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of applications, reports, tools, and analysis to support out-of-network program initiatives and rate development in response to surprise billing legislation at both the federal and state levels
- Translate complex business requirements into analysis and reporting containing actionable information to support decision-making
- Work as part of multi-disciplinary teams that include stakeholders from healthcare economics, network management, legal, regulatory, and executive staffs
- Work with large claims databases using expert SQL and/or SAS to develop standardized processes and methodologies that are efficiently executed and well-documented
- Collaborate with business teams and IT development teams on existing and new provider financial modeling applications for hospital, physician, and ancillary services
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
Preferred Qualification: Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual.
- 7+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, health care pricing, network management, healthcare economics or related discipline
- 7+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets, and information acquisition tools to perform financial impact analytics and data manipulation
- 5+ years of experience with provider payment methodologies
- 3+ years of experience working with large databases to produce a focused analysis with proficiency in SAS / SQL for data manipulation and reporting
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Excel
- Moderate proficiency in Tableau, PowerBI or similar data analytics / visualization tool
We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Associate Director, Network Pricing, Financial Analysis, Healthcare Pricing, Network Management, Healthcare Economics, SAS, SQL, Tableau, PowerBI, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Rockville, MD, Maryland