Elite Audit Recruitment is working in partnership for a local government body to hire an experienced Internal Auditor as a Principal Auditor on a 12 mth contract basis. You will join the team and report into an Audit Manager.
The main purpose of the role is to undertake and deliver the audits assigned in the Council's Annual Audit Plan. Assist the Audit Manager with the monitoring and control of Audits and supervise staff. Also you will undertake a full range of Audit services as required achieving Internal Audit objectives.
**Some of the main responsibilities are:**
* The Principal Auditor will assist the Audit Manager in the efficient planning, monitoring and control of all audit activity together with the supervision of staff within the Team.
* Deputise for the Audit Manager in his/her absence.
* To assist the Audit Manager in the preparation of Annual and Operational Audit Plans.
* The Principal Auditor is directly responsible to the Audit Manager for carrying out and completing within allocated timescales, a wide range of Audit activities undertaken by the Team including systems audit review, risk audit review, regularity, probity audits and value for money exercises / reviews. Directing or conducting audits of more complex or specialised audit work.
* As directed by the Audit Manager, to carry out fraud or other special investigations, and/or other ad-hoc exercises/projects.
* Be aware of and continually assess the risks arising from areas of audit review, advise Audit Manager and report to Departmental Managers as appropriate.
* To assist the Audit Manager undertake reviews of the internal control environment comprising risk management, control and governance.
* Provide advice on sound procedures and controls for financial/other systems and on the Councils financial procedure rules and other regulatory codes/guidelines to officers at all levels within the Council.
* Develop, compile and review audit programmes, systems records and other such Audit documentation to ensure all areas of Audit work are carried out effectively.
* Maintain good working relationships with service department officers.
The role requires candidates whom are IIA / CIA or CCAB qualified with a number of years
of internal audit experience within the public sector, ideally local government experience
would be highly beneficial.
Remote working is on offer throughout the duration of the contract, so please apply with your CV to
Rachael Terry for more information.
UK, South Coast Internal Audit £36,500 + Bens Internal Auditor- 3 month FTC Remote Working £36,500 pa + Bens
Elite Audit recruitment is representing a leading financial services company in the UK. We are seeking a talented Internal Auditor to come in and join the team and work over a 3 month fixed term contra...