FreeAgent is one of the UK's most popular online accounting apps, with over 110,000 customers. FreeAgent removes the stress and pain of dealing with business finances, allowing business owners to focus on running their business!
Our customers love FreeAgent. It is rated 4.7 on Trustpilot.
Our employees love FreeAgent. We are rated 5 stars on Glassdoor.
We believe in the power of a happy and diverse team and we'd love you to join us on this journey
Make a difference
We're on a mission to make small businesses happier and more successful by putting them in control of their finances. Our accounting app is already used and loved by thousands of accountants and small businesses and this role is an exciting opportunity to contribute to a product that makes a real difference to its users and the businesses they run.
We're seeing a revolution in the FinTech industry, and government initiatives such as Making Tax Digital and Open Banking are opening up new features and products for customers.The technology in this space is changing rapidly and at FreeAgent we're working on the cutting edge. We're focused on providing the best possible user experience for our growing customer base.
Our Support Team
We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer support, and to help us continue this we're looking to expand our Support Team. This is a role which provides a great variety of work and has a unique mix of accounting and customer service, therefore you will need a strong understanding of accounting as well as the ability to communicate with customers.
Day to day you'd be helping users by:
- Being the first point of contact for our customers, via phone, email, and online chat, and responding accurately and promptly to customer queries
- Providing training to customers by way of outbound calls, both to people who are currently on a free trial, as well as subscribers who request further training
- Proactively contacting users to see if they need help
- Helping people who are interested in the product, but need more information to decide if it's right for them
- Assisting the product teams by testing new features or upgrades to existing functionality
- You're a team player who enjoys collaborating in a friendly, supportive environment.
- You have robust accounting knowledge, and experience working with everything from payroll RTI to VAT and Self Assessment from either an accounts assistant or bookkeeping role or similar.
- Highly computer-literate and tech-savvy, you have practical experience of using a variety of bookkeeping and accounting software packages, and you understand that online engagement is crucial to the success of our business
- You're passionate about providing first-rate customer service, embracing challenging situations and exceeding expectations, and have experience of this from a previous role
- You're great at explaining complex concepts in a clear and engaging way whether in conversation or written comms, and you're also a good listener.
Accounting qualifications (accounting degree, AAT, CIMA or ACCA) will be useful in helping you get up to speed, however being qualified by experience will be just as valuable. Anyone looking to complete their CIMA or ACCA should note that this role will not provide an opportunity to gain the practical experience necessary for these qualifications.
Annual salary £23,000 - £27,000 per annum depending on experience.
We provide a comprehensive package of employee benefits, such as 33 days holiday (increasing year on year!), private health care, life assurance, 5% matched pension contributions, and buy-as-you-earn share schemes. Find out more on our website.
Creating the best place to work
We believe in a strong work-life balance, we don't work long hours and we have a fabulous Edinburgh HQ which is designed for collaboration, including high-quality A/V equipment to provide a great experience for distributed teams.
This is a permanent, full time role (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm). This role will be based in our Edinburgh office, there may be an opportunity to adopt hybrid working for this role and work under an agreed pattern from both the office and at home each week.
Applying for the role ✍
Our application process is simple: just upload your CV and answer a few questions about why you are interested in this opportunity. Our selection process includes a phone call with a member of our Talent Team, followed by a practical exercise and two video interviews. We work hard to make the process as straightforward, transparent and enjoyable as possible.
We really want to emphasise our commitment to building an inclusive and diverse team! We strongly encourage applications from people with varied backgrounds and perspectives.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.