Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there's no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that's the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced French speaking Payroll Specialist, who would also ideally have experience working with French payroll, to join our HR Services department within our state of the art facilities within Manchester, UK.
The Payroll Specialist will manage and oversee our payroll processes with our third party payroll provider as well as being responsible for the accurate payment of salaries to Lonza employees in the EMEA region, with particular focus on French payroll but opportunities to support with Belgium payroll also. The Payroll Specialist will also be required take ownership and manage all payroll relevant topics concerning expats in close cooperation with internal and external partners.
- Manage and oversee our third party payroll provider for employees based in EMEA. Instruct and control the payroll provider concerning all legal and statutory changes (e.g. DSN), non-legal changes (e.g. insurance contribution changes) and company internal adaptions (e.g. employee regulations).
- Reviews and verifies payroll data, calculates overtime and other pay premiums, and enters payroll data in accordance with country regulations (e.g. withholding tax, social insurance etc.). Performs manual checks and controls.
- Perform payroll-related functions under country and local laws, including but not limited to processing new hires, termination status changes, tax changes, overtime, deductions, and attachment orders.
- Oversee maintenance of payroll records and files including but not limited to sickness and holidays and other accrued leave.
- Collect payroll, benefit information from various sources, and provide monthly payroll instructions to our payroll provider via Workday etc. Control the monthly payroll records from payroll provider and approve the payroll.
- Instructs Finance to issue payroll-related payments (salaries, taxes, social security, pension, etc.)
- Communicate with employees of all levels regarding all payroll matters, including troubleshooting of issues.
- Cooperate with various external and internal (HR, Finance/Accounting, Treasury, Tax, Legal, IT) partners. Assists with internal, external and statutory audits as needed.
- Assists with ad hoc projects as necessary and perform any other job duties
- Create and update payroll procedure documents. Streamline and automate current processes.
- Work with various time and attendance systems. Ideally have knowledge of working with Kronos and Bodet.
- ICAEW qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA/ACA), or studying or qualified by experience, minimum 2-3 years' experience in a similar role, with preference to working in a shared service environment
- French speaking or knowledge of French payroll or both
- RP (SAP) and advanced Excel skills (including vlook-ups and pivot tables)
- Experience of working within a fast paced environment delivering services to stakeholders, delivering delegated month-end close activities to a stakeholder or group of stakeholders
- Ability to adapt and be pro-active in order to adjust to changing requirements
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and perform all tasks in a timely and efficient manner;
- Experience of supporting multiple country/unit based market controllers, providing both a transactional and business partnering function to ensure a high quality R2R service is delivered;
- Robust experience of end to end payroll processes
- Experience of liaising and working closely with internal and external auditors;
- Working knowledge of IFRS
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.