Reporting to the Credit Control Manager/ Supervisors, the Credit Controller will be responsible for dealing with the management of customer credit limits and chasing outstanding customer debts.
You'll receive a good basic salary, 20 days annual leave and all public holidays.
Your hours of work: 08.45 - 17.15 Monday to Thursday and 08.45 - 14:45 each Friday.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Check applications, check the system for duplications, print credit checks
- Print and match the credit checks to the application, request additional information e.g Utility bills and company cheques.
- Make decisions on the applications Approve, Decline, Bond or bank guarantee's
- Changing details on live accounts.
- Dealing with the solicitors regarding debt, Instructing Judgement, charge orders and bailiff's.
- Accurately completing claim forms for debts for the insurance company.
- Calling customers to chase payment of returned direct debit payments.
- Calling customers to chase for payment for outstanding debts.
- Calling customers to chase for Year End Accounts, CCJ Satisfaction notices and Security deposits.
- Working with customers on their credit risk exposure (ie if they exceed their authorized credit limit).
- Other ad hoc duties include, understanding of cleared balances to keep accounts open, working with credit insurance, brokers and credit rating agency.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Good standard of education preferably with a 'C' or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Experience working in an office environment, preferably within a Credit/Accounts department.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages - Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with good numeracy skills.
- Good communicator with professional and confident telephone manner.
- Methodical with ability to organise and prioritize.
- Enthusiastic and motivated with the ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
Please click on the 'Apply' button below to be considered for this position!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/95296293