Shape better services as a Scheme Accountant
Reporting to the Scheme Accounting Team Manager the primary purpose of the role is to provide a full pension scheme accounting service to clients. The role will involve; Maintaining financial records in accordance with GAAP and organizational standards. Creating reports on financial performance for internal and external use. Performing balance sheet and P&L reconciliations. Creating and utilizing automated tools for the updating, analysing and reporting of consolidated financial results.
Role will require occasional travel to Sheffield for team meetings etc but we are able to offer this role with flexibility/agility regarding location. What you'll be doing:
- Produce year end statutory accounts, liaise with auditors and ensure the accounts are signed by the deadline and in line with timetables agreed.
- Ensure that cash balances are monitored and regular cash flows prepared taking into account all known factors
- Produce quarterly reports and ad hoc reports and services
- Ensure that payments are properly controlled, promptly actioned and accurately accounted for
- Ensure that company procedures are adhered to at all times
- Liaise with clients, external and internal auditors and other professional advisers
- Process complaints at the earliest opportunity with a positive attitude,
- Adhere to the ISO and Investors in People Standards, Quality Management System and comply with pensions and FCA regulations and initiatives, for example, Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- Identify and report risks and breaches immediately to your line manager and /or the Operational Risk & Compliance Department
What we're looking for:
- Demonstrable experience of producing a set of accounts
- Can demonstrate double entry, accruals, prepayments
- Use of Outlook and Word for writing letters and email
- Able to sort, filter and organise data and produce easily readable spreadsheets
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Able to identify important/urgent tasks and prioritise work in a consistent, organised and logical manner
- Able to work independently with little direction
- Able to work in a team
- Pension scheme and pension scheme accounting knowledge would be advantageous
About Capita/Capita Employee Solutions
At Capita Employee Solutions (CES), we're creating meaningful connections between organisations and their employees. We're one of the largest employee benefits consultancies in the UK, supporting over 1,600 clients and more than 4 million company employees and pension scheme members. Our work involves redesigning, modernising and revolutionising the way companies offer pensions and benefits. Join us and discover better ways to engage with and value today's employees.
At Capita People Solutions, we're redesigning the future of HR. Our platforms are transforming HR for our clients at every stage of the employment lifecycle. We've improved access to learning for Centrica and increased employee engagement with pensions for Heineken. We partner with more than 6,500 organisations, across the private and public sectors. Join us and discover better as you help to pave the way for healthier, happier employees across the nation.
What's in it for you?
- 23 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you'll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/95375719