Requisition ID **34069** - Posted **10/19/2021** - **Fitch Ratings London** - **Fitch Ratings** - **Permanent** - Job Posting Country (1) - **Credit Analysis & Research** - **London**
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity encouraging an environment where employees can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective. Fitch is also committed to supporting its employees by advancing conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion. Fitch's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) have been established by employees who have joined together as a workplace community based on similar backgrounds or life experiences. Fitch's ERGs are available to connect employees with others within the organization to offer professional and personal support.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence.
The International Public Finance Group (IPF) is responsible for assigning and maintaining international credit ratings on public entities and their debt issues worldwide. The Group is split into three areas: APAC, EMEA and Latin America. In EMEA (offices in London, Barcelona, Frankfurt, Madrid, Milan, Moscow, Paris and Warsaw), the Group currently maintains more than 220 public ratings (and a number of private ratings) on local and regional governments and government related entities, including public entities in sectors such as social housing, public transportation, health care, higher education, specialised financial vehicles, as well as any entity that has a public policy mission. In EMEA, the IPF analytical team consists of 25+ analysts. The position is based in London, but it will also work closely with the broader team in our other offices.
The role will concentrate on a large range of government-related entities, primarily social housing providers in the UK. Other sectors also include healthcare, higher education and public transport. The candidate will report to the UK Public Sector team head, based in Barcelona, but work closely with the other analyst based in the London office.
The credit analysis of these entities requires a very good expert knowledge and understanding of multiple issues (financial, institutional, legal and economic issues). The successful candidate will be able to adapt and quickly understand the main credit issues of each issuer and show good attention to detail. They will also demonstrate an ability to compare credits and make meaningful recommendations.
The successful candidate will be in charge of:
* Monitoring a portfolio of public-finance issuer ratings, preparation of rating committee documentation and leading and discussing credit analyses in rating committees
* Data analysis related to public sector entities, local government sector and individual issuers
* Writing and publishing comprehensive rating reports on individual issuers
* Preparing and leading management meetings with the rated entities
* Participation in credit rating committees for public entities and local governments in both your allocated region and other countries
* Publication of sector-specific research and insightful commentary
* Externally presenting the criteria and sector approach to potential issuers/rating advisors
* Complying at all times with rating policies and procedures and with regulations on credit rating agencies
It is important that the candidate should be able to work independently in an international environment while also being a good team player, being able to cope with time pressure and deadlines, and being willing to travel primarily within the UK (more often than not day trips).
**Qualifications and experience:**
* Previous financial or credit analysis experience
* Strong analytical skills, with good attention to detail and ability to synthesize
* Good knowledge of the UK public sector; knowledge of social housing providers, hospitals, higher education will be a plus
* Fluency in English (another language would be a plus as the team is covering issuers in many different countries)
* Degree educated, ideally within Finance or Public Sector / Economics
* Excellent writing and communication skills
* Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
* Proficient knowledge of standard business software
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: | |
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.