**Credit and Settlement Risk - Strategy and Global Engagement Director**
Risk & Security
Date: Job Number: REF33182U **Company Description**
**You'll fit right in.**
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a **Credit and Settlement Risk Strategy and Global Engagement Director** we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
**Job Description and Responsibilities**
The Credit and Settlement Risk function is accountable for managing and mitigating the credit and settlement risk for Visa Europe, this consists of $18bn of exposure over 27 countries, 640+ clients and managing $1.3bn of customers collateral. The objective is to manage an appropriate Risk / Reward balance keeping within prescribed Board approved Risk Appetite. The function provides technical Subject Matter Expert advice and support to the European business and deals directly with clients on credit & settlement topics.
The CSR function is segmented into two areas, a first line credit and settlement service and a controls / second line CSR Strategy & Global Engagement function.
The CSR Strategy & Global Engagement Director is accountable for oversight of the CSR controls and supports the 2nd line of defence for CSR.
The role will need to operate across Visa senior management, including the VEL Exco, and Global senior leadership team. Strong relationship with the and VP Corporate Risk and the Global Head of CSR will be an important part of the role.
The role will be accountable to the VP Credit & Settlement Risk Europe and is seen as a deputy to and potential succession route to VP Credit & Settlement for Europe.
VISA Europe has a growth strategy requiring a balanced and sustainable approach to risk / reward where credit & settlement risk is one of the significant risks the VISA Europe undertake.
The role will develop CSR Europe's medium- and longer-term strategy in conjunction with VP CSR, this includes new approaches to risk management and mitigation not just in Europe but applicable to roll out globally, thus the need for strong partnering with Global counterparts and buy-in from VEL senior leadership.
The CSR enhancements and developments will form a cornerstone the VEL Financial Risk Management approach to meet regulatory Bank of England expectations.
The role will also be accountable for the data and analytical, management information and collateral management strategy for the function working closely with Global on CSR systems, data, and MI.
Strong technical knowledge in highly complex issues for Credit Risk Analysis and Expected Loss methodology is essential. The role needs to be a subject matter expert to oversight and support the first line Credit and Settlement Risk services and develop initiative risk management solutions such as Expected Loss.
**Specific Role Accountabilities:**
• Accountable as the CSR second line, oversighting the CSR services to the business including VEL CSR procedures, RACI.
• Accountable for delivery of CSR strategic projects including agreeing the scope with VEL VP CSR
• CSR projects include but not limited to:
o CSR Risk / Reward strategy and framework
o Expected Loss Methodology
o CSR input to Financial Risk Management Framework
o Data analytics, modelling and systems capability
o Management Information enhancements
o As appropriate projects will be implemented and rolled out into business as usual processes through the heads of UK&I and Central Europe CSR roles.
• Accountable as the primary contact for VEL CSR engagement with Global Center of Excellence, deputising for VEL VP CSR as required
• Accountable for collateral management process and controls for VEL CSR
• Accountable for the design and enhancement of the CSR Management Information working closely with Global on systems enhancements and functionality
o This include Executive Risk Committee reports
o BRC reports
o Reporting to Global
• Accountable for a portfolio overview of the CSR client base including stress testing, scenario analysis, Risk Appetite, KRI' portfolio MI and reporting including supporting the head of function on reports to ERC, BRC and Global.
• Accountable for collateral management processes including collateral waivers, collection, and releases
• Accountable to manage a small professional team supporting a CSR pooled approach to resourcing facilitating an efficient and flexible approach to meeting the demands on the functions.
• Accountable to drive strategic enhancements to meet regulatory expectations, represent CSR on regulatory or internal audit issues as required
• Support/Deputise for VP CSR as appropriate including representing CSR with internal and external stakeholders
Leadership & Generic Role Accountabilities:
• Ability to operate across senior management in both VEL and Global, providing subject management expert guidance, influence, and the ability to communicate complex issues in a business context.
o Build strong relationship across the Global senior risk management team and in particular Global Head of CSR and Global CRO, deputising for VP Credit & Settlement Risk as required.
o Build strong relationship with VEL Risk CRO, VEL Exco and senior risk leadership providing guidance and recommendations on CSR topics, deputising for VP Credit & Settlement Risk as required.
o As a leader represent CSR function in building strong relationships to cross silos
• Represent CSR with external clients on CSR topics building relationships with CFO's and CRO's as required.
• Build a culture of collaborative working within CSR and the wider VEL Risk function.
• A driver and leader in embedding Risk Europe culture.
• Drive the CSR strategy to enhance the use of data analytics and management information in CSR and VEL Risk building on the developments in Global capability and systems ensuring VEL CSR requirements are represented in Global initiatives.
• Extensive experience operating in a senior risk leadership role - a subject matter expert in the credit framework and controls environment including the application of the framework in a financial or payments institution
• Demonstrated ability to work with senior management including effectively communicate and influence skills
• Leadership of a credit and analytics risk team setting the agenda and delivering on agreed goals, experience of a financial or payments institution is preferable.
• A strong understanding and experience of using and implementing an expected loss methodology to manage and mitigate risk including proposed Risk Appetite measures, thresholds and KRI's.
• A strong understanding of model risk management, model controls and model design including an understanding of modelling analytical language such as Python.