The KPMG North Regional tax team is a fast-growing part of the KPMG tax practice. We are looking for excellent candidates with a proven track record who are seeking a dynamic and challenging working environment within a strong supportive leadership and management team. The marketplace is diverse with a client base of UK listed, PE backed, inbound and family owned groups.
This current vacancy is within our International Corporate Tax Team based in the Manchester office. This high performing team advises some of the region's largest and most complex businesses. We are looking for an ambitious Manager to support the team's rapid growth.
The role would suit a Manager or Assistant Manager wanting to drive their tax career forward advising international businesses. Whilst previous international tax experience is helpful, strong technical skills, drive and curiosity are essential.
Working as a member of the team to provide International Tax and Complex UK Tax Advisory services, to support our clients in achieving their commercial objectives.
Managing the successful delivery of technically excellent advice, including: tax structuring, advice on refinancing, legal structure optimisation, pre/post transaction reorganisations, tax authority enquiries and providing support to the wider corporate tax team
- Liaising with specialists in other KPMG departments and overseas KPMG offices to oversee their input into tax advisory projects
- Coaching and developing junior members of staff - this is a vital part of the role
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and understanding the client's business in order to identify areas for the provision of tax and other services
- Ensuring that clients are kept up to date with developments in the corporate tax world that may affect their businesses
- Managing proposals for new work, including delivering tender documents, presenting at client pitches and identifying solutions for client issues
- Seeking out and pursuing business development opportunities with clients and targets and actively participating with Senior Managers, Directors and Partners in business development activities
- Being a role model for KPMG's values
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent qualified with strong corporate tax and accounting knowledge
- Ability to develop, coach and lead staff, as well as manage stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- Pro-active in identifying and progressing business opportunities for the long-term benefit of both KPMG and the client
- Ability to multi-task - to manage a wide range of projects and relationships
- High level of drive and enthusiasm with a positive attitude
- Ability and willingness to keep up to date and develop technical knowledge