Who we are: Global Transportation Services sits at the center of Amazon's Outbound Transportation Supply Chain. The EU Expansions Finance team collaborates across Amazon internal and external "Last Mile" and "Middle Mile" teams to ensure on time delivery and fast delivery speed at the right cost structure. Our Finance team works closely with Carrier Managers, Consumer teams and Procurement Managers and owns end to end financial processes including financial reporting, planning and analysis for EU Expansions.
Team Exposure/Scope: Global Transportation Services seeks a Sr. Finance Business Partner who is a creative problem solver to support our growth while gaining significant commercial and Operations Finance experience. This role will work closely with cross-functional business and finance leaders across multiple Transportation organizations and other internal Amazon businesses to support successful and cost effective operational project launches for our fast growing EU Expansions markets.
Success in this role: The suitable candidate has demonstrated the following abilities: you influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly evolving environment. You collaborate with various business units across Amazon with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You quickly learn Operations to understand economics and key financial drivers, and gain proficiency with Amazon data systems in order to conduct efficient analyses to reduce cost, while exercising controllership and improving the customer experience.
• Use solid financial knowledge and business insight to build financial models, allowing to cost out new initiatives and expansion projects with significant P&L impact.
• Collect and analyze quantitative data to develop relevant reports/metrics that improve visibility into cost structures and support decision making.
• Deliver weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
• Create effective business partnerships, manage competing priorities, and provide guidance based on data analysis.
• Use active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjust style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
• BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or other fields with analytical focus
• Relevant experience performing financial or other quantitative analyses with demonstrated career progression in a corporate setting
• Strong English language written and oral communication skills with an ability to concisely summarize relevant data and convey results by effectively articulating complex messages
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos)
• MBA or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)