We're based in Leeds.
We're Lowell. You may not have heard of us, so let us introduce ourselves.
You may not know us, but our reputation is growing. We believe that becoming debt free should be simple and affordable for everyone. Every year, we help thousands of people take control of their debts and we understand that every person's situation is different.
We buy debts from lots of different companies in all kinds of sectors. Our mission is to help customers on the path to becoming debt free; with a real focus on helping our customers pay off their debts in practical and affordable ways. We do this honestly, ethically and by treating our customers with dignity and respect.
We care about our customers, and we care about our colleagues too. At Lowell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, as we know the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We're on the lookout for those who really want to make a difference. People who want to help our customers turn their finances around. People like you?
So that's us, now let's talk about your role:
To assist with the ongoing reconciliation of External Recoveries systems and transactions, centrally around the exception reporting from Lowell's Account Management Outsource System (AMOS) and the financial transactions in respect of the purchase of in-situ portfolios.
Develop methodologies to carry out investigative account level analysis to identify root causes of balance discrepancies between Lowell and its outsourced DCA partners.
Implement controls and automation across all External Recoveries processes.
Additional Activities in the role
To assist the Optimisation Manager with the account and balance reconciliation of all Lowell's outsourced stock, including:
- Undertaking transactional level data analysis to identify variances in account balances on in-situ purchases.
- Introducing new reconciliation controls to ensure an effective control framework within he External Recoveries department
- To own the actions required as a result of the automated exception reporting that is produced by Lowell's Account Management Outsource System (AMOS).
- Provide adhoc analytical support to the wider External Recoveries team
- To assist the Optimisation Manager with the delivery of a profit related optimisation model for outsourced DCA placements
- Build internal relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure smooth working processes across departments (including but not limited to Finance, MI, Debt Management, Insolvency, Onboarding and Internal Strategies, SQL Development, Testing, and Service Desk)
- Provide support to the External Recoveries Operational Support Team where required.
- To assist with the processing of payment files from Lowell's external DCA partners.
- Updating and maintaining various VBA and lookup functions created for use by the External Recoveries team.
- Produce presentations to senior management explaining reasons for variance and root causes of balance discrepancies.
Undertake regular balance reconciliation activities between Lowell and outsourced DCA providers.
- To improve the reconciliation control framework within the External Recoveries department. To develop and maintain reconciliation methods for the on-boarding of new purchases with incumbent DCAs.
- To provide adhoc analytical expertise to the External Recoveries department.
- To provide support with analysis required to optimise account placement strategies.
- Produce and own exception reporting within the External Recoveries department.
- To assist with commission and invoice reconciliation.
- Involvement in day to day maintenance External Recoveries database.
- Produce analysis across different aspects of the ER environment.
- Participation in projects is required.
- Ability to identify, assess and report operational risk.
- To identify ways to improve process and controls.
How we say thank you?
An exciting career is much more than just a salary. We also understand that everyone, regardless of culture, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, or disability status, can contribute to our goal to make credit work better for all. Our strength is in our people. So, at Lowell we have a range of benefits that include:
- A discretionary annual bonus for a job well done.
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays with option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- 3% flexible benefits; pick additional benefits or take as cash each month. Whether this is extra holiday or dental cover there will be something for you.
- A fantastic culture with more little perks along the way including flexible working, family leave and recognition awards.
- Wellbeing support, including THRIVE sessions, trained support officers, and regular webinars and classes geared towards mindfulness.
At Lowell this doesn't end there, #WeSeeYou when you're performing your best, or living our values. So we want to ensure that once you get here, you'll still be going places.
Take the next step and apply
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/95417462