Senior Financial Accountant
£45,000 to £60,000
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a growing IT/Hi-Tech company who operate in several international markets and employ 400+ staff worldwide. They are now looking for a Senior Financial Accountant / Group Accountant to join their growing team, reporting to the Financial Controller and managing a team of four overseas staff. Key duties include:
- Preparation and review of the group's monthly consolidated financial results
- Responsible for general ledger and balance sheet accounting, ensuring timely month-end close
- Uploading subsidiary company reporting and preparing consolidated financial accounts
- Providing consolidated results input for internal management reporting, any requirements for external debt providers and for investor reporting
- Preparing the group annual statutory accounts under IFRS, working closely with external auditors during the annual audit process
- Legal entity cash flow forecasting and working capital management, including responsibility for tracking intercompany impact of cash movements
- Administering the group's operational bank accounts, and primary liaison with lenders for administration and reporting
- Monitoring and reporting of foreign exchange positions, execution of foreign exchange trades
- Preparation of monthly sales commission accruals for approval by management
- Compiling monthly sales commission statements for sales teams.
- Primary contact for the group's Corporate tax planning, projects and compliance
- Preparation of tax packs and co-ordination of the tax return process with tax advisers to minimise costs of the tax compliance process
- Maintenance of and compliance with intercompany and transfer pricing agreements
- Reviewing the group's quarterly UK VAT returns and other sales tax returns
To be considered for the role you should ideally be a degree-educated and Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA Financial Accountant with some staff supervision, strong GL and month-end reporting experience, and exposure to consolidations and financial reporting is required. With advanced Excel skills, you should be highly organised and able to work effectively to deadlines, managing multiple priorities and senior internal stakeholders. The company would happily consider candidates from a Top50 Accounting Firm looking for their first move into Industry, or those currently in Industry working in a Group, Consolidation and/or Reporting type role.
On offer is a base salary to £55/60,000 depending on relevant experience, 10% company bonus, healthcare & pension scheme and 25 days holiday. To apply for the position, or for more information, please apply with an up to date CV to McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) Office using the apply now button on this page.
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile