Have you got the drive and determination to make a real difference?
Do you have accounting experience within a capital-intensive business?
We currently have an opportunity available for a Finance Manager - Capital Performance to join our team working in Exeter. Joining us on a full-time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £60,000 per annum plus excellent benefits.
About the Finance Manager - Capital Performance role:
You will fulfil the key role of Business Partner to the Engineering, Asset Management and Operational Directorates to support and challenge the business in the efficient delivery of a c.£1bn capital programme, with an emphasis on financial control.
Responsibilities as our Finance Manager - Capital Performance include:
- Delivery of high-quality financial reporting which meets the needs of all areas of the business
- Driving continuous enhancement and development of financial reporting to support management decision making and help identify and deliver efficient opportunities
- Communcating financial performance to Senior Management and Directors through presentations and written reports
- Attending monthly and quarterly financial review meetings for the key Directorates responsible for the delivery of the capital programme
- Overseeing monthly close-down process including approval of accruals and prepayments and balance sheet reconciliations
- Leading the annual capital budget setting process with close liaison with the asset management team
- Leading the quarterly re-forecasting process working with and challenging all areas of the business to deliver accurate and timely forecasts
- Completing Board level reports analysing the financial and volume analysis of the budget and forecasts for approval by the FD
- Completing ongoing reporting against budget and forecast with detailed analysis of variances
- Ensuring the capital programme is always delivered in line with SWW financial governance requirements
Skills and experience we are looking for in our Finance Manager - Capital Performance:
- ACA accounting qualification or equivalent
- Strong financial and management accounting background
- Business Partnering experience in a large organisation
- High level of resilience and integrity
- Ability to influence peers and Directors persuasively
What's in it for you:
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
In return as our Finance Manager - Capital Performance, we will offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Access to the Company Sharesave Scheme
- Various health benefits
- And more!
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
South West Water is part of the Pennon Group, a very successful and stable business that prides itself on sustainability. We provide reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for a population of c. 1.7 million in Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
- Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
- Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
- Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
Closing date: Thursday 2nd December 2021
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Finance Manager - Capital Performance - we look forward to receiving your application.