Head of Finance
1-1 Recruitment have an excellent opportunity for an experienced accountant who is energetic, efficient, and enthusiastic to head up the finance of a well-established privately owned company. As an integral part of the team, reporting to the Directors, you will have the opportunity to influence and help drive the business forward in a fast-paced, creative and innovative environment, during a period of significant growth. The ideal candidate will be diligent and precise, ensuring tasks are completed effectively, accurately and in a timely manner.
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for managing the provision of an effective and efficient finance department, to support the vision and mission of the organisation. Reporting to the Directors, the Head of Finance will deliver key projects and lead financial system developments, to improve service levels and reporting within the finance department. This is a hands-on role, within a very small but important team. Working hours are Monday - Friday 9.00am - 6.00pm, with the option of hybrid working.
- Ensuring that all financial matters are kept in order across both QuickBooks and the in house back-office system.
- Providing distributed leadership to the finance team in accordance with policies and procedures
- Ensuring that all finance team members are managed, appraised, and developed to meet service needs.
- Drive annual and monthly budgeting and periodic forecasting.
- Supporting the continuing development of cash flow forecasting.
- Helping to produce and improve statutory and management accounts
- Monitoring the financial position of all cost centres monthly and provide support to managers.
- Recommending efficiency savings to be made where appropriate.
- Preparing investment appraisals where needed.
- Managing and completing the year-end financial accounts for presentation to the Directors and Auditors.
- Ensuring that all travel bonding, and insurance are renewed in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that quarterly VAT returns are submitted on a timely basis and that all other tax returns and taxation matters are dealt with effectively and in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Acting as the main contact point for external providers.
- Maintain a rolling schedule of implementation of audit recommendations.
- Managing the monthly payroll.
To be successful in your application, candidates should possess the following:
- Sound financial accounting experience.
- Strong systems and process skills
- Efficient with detailed use of data base systems and Excel.
- Personable, with strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Experience of using QuickBooks or a similar system.
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Your Birthday off
- Company pension
- Travel perks
1-1 Recruitment is one of the leading recruitment agencies for jobs in Hampshire for permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions. Due to the high volume of applications we`re receiving, if you do not hear from a consultant within 5 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. In the meantime, please keep an eye on for any other potential vacancies. Keep well and safe.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/95452904