We are looking for a bookkeeper to join our rapidly expanding team based in Sandbach, Cheshire.As the company Bookkeeper you will be responsible for managing the accounts up to month end trial balance, completing day to day transactions and payroll.The role will suit a person who likes variety and has the technical ability to prepare the accounts to TB from start to finish. You will need a flexible approach to get involved in all aspects of the accounts, including managing debtors and creditors, and presentation of financial reports to the Directors.For the right candidate, this role offers excellent career progression. The salary offered is a starting salary and we will regularly review your salary, benefits and bonuses to ensure that it increases with your abilities and successes within the role.Key Responsibilities include: -
- Management of the accounts function for the business from entry level to management account stage.
- Short to long term cashflow reporting.
- Bank Reconciliation.
- Production of management accounts for the MD and financial institutions.
- Profit & Loss management.
- Balance Sheet analysis and reconciliation.
- Payroll for all staff.
- Log and process supplier invoices, ensuring invoices are matched with purchase orders on the company database.
- Aged creditor reporting.
- Supplier statement reconciliation & payment runs.
- Aged debtor reporting and credit control.
- Analyse and process credit card expenditure, ensuring input VAT is treated in the correct manner.
- Preparation of VAT returns and EC Sales submissions to HMRC.
- Preparation and processing of journals.
- Continually monitor prepayments and accruals.
- Reconciliation of payroll and pension control accounts.
- Hire purchase and business loans analysis, accounting for interest and charges.
- Maintain fixed asset register.
- Calculation of depreciation and the accounting thereof.
- Liaison with external accountants.
- Raising of Sales Invoices and chasing late payments.
The ideal candidate will have: -A minimum of 2 years' experience as a bookkeeper coming from a financial backgroundIt is desirable that you have started or fully AAT QualifiedExperience with Sage is essentialAbout UsScott's Hire Limited is one of the North West's largest independent plant hire companies. We now service contracts the length and breadth of the country with over 30 years' experience in the industry.We have achieved this success through our 'big enough to cope, small enough to care' ethos.Scott's Hire has a combined experience of over sixty years. It is ideally positioned to meet all plant hire needs. Our depots are strategically located throughout the North West and West Midlands to supply the region effectively. We have a team of trained engineers and operative's on-hand to support our customers - 24 hours a day, seven days a week.Our experienced and friendly team are the best in the industry and constantly strive to deliver the highest level of customer's service and ensure that our customers' needs are always their number one priority.Days: Monday to FridayHours: 08:00 to 17:30
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/95448928