Job: Institutional BankingPrimary Location:
Europe & Americas-United Kingdom-LondonSchedule: Full-timeEmployee Status: Fixed TermPosting Date: 16/Nov/2021, 12:42:07 AMUnposting Date: 30/Nov/2021, 7:59:00 AMAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good. We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.This role will be seconded to Climate Impact X (CIX) - can be based in London or Sinagpore and will report to the Head of Product
Climate Impact X (CIX), a global Environmental Commodities Exchange, is looking for an Pricing & Index Director, to help build the future of carbon trading markets. We are developing a global carbon exchange and marketplace that aims to scale the voluntary carbon market, through a joint venture to be established by DBS, SGX, Standard Chartered and Temasek.CIX will connect an ecosystem of partners, leveraging satellite monitoring, machine learning and blockchain to enhance transparency, integrity, and quality of carbon credits. This will empower corporations to take effective action and complement carbon reduction efforts as part of a holistic climate mitigation strategy.CIX will offer distinct platforms and products that will cater to the needs of different carbon credit buyers and sellers. The Exchange will facilitate the sale of large-scale high-quality carbon credits through standardised contracts - catering primarily to MNCs and institutional investors. The Project Marketplace will offer a curated selection of NCS projects that can meet corporate sustainability objectives. Each project on the Project Marketplace will be supported by transparent impact, risk and pricing data.For more information, please visit Detailed Role Responsibilities
The individual will design & build spot platform capabilities with secure mechanisms that generate effective price discovery through fair, trusted transaction experiences, and for reliable credit delivery.Role & Responsibilities
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Analyse marketplace requirements and market conditions to optimise for efficiency, liquidity, information equality, volume, and price optimisation outcomes.
- Develop time-bound pricing sessions for spot price indexation.
- Monitor market events; test, problem solve and resolve issues with platform technology teams to ensure performance and delivery.
- Conduct and run the pricing sessions, meeting product specifications and market rules and/or regulatory guidelines.
- Work with Operations/Surveillance teams on dispute resolutions and investigation of potential rule breaches.
- Evaluate and ensure that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and regulatory requirements.
- Generate post-session reports for management and for guiding origination and membership sales teams.
- Work with Product and Sales teams globally to attract new customers and expand product offerings.
- Initiate, cultivate and maintain professional, positive and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support user registration & qualification, platform feature documentation, content & marketing.
- Support communications, stakeholder consultations, regulatory enquiries and client training.
- Work alongside a dynamic a team of product managers and business development directors to execute on product vision.
- Deliver superior service to project developers (suppliers) and exchange members (buyers) by driving and optimizing platform processes and performance, and by managing risk.
- Provide product structuring and pricing support to business units, ensuring alignment with the broader commercial strategy.
- Stay current on market developments, new regulation/legislation and industry trends, products, and competitive developments in the voluntary and compliance carbon market
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the United Kingdom / CCIB / Frontline Sales and Service to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Education - Bachelor's Degree: Business, Finance, Economics or equivalentPreferred higher degree or working experience in relevant subjects such as Sustainable Finance, Environmental Studies, Energy EconomicsRequired Experience - must have significant, demonstrable knowledge and working experience of auction and game theory, auction models and bidding strategies, auctions or competitive transaction mechanisms, and auction software and electronic trading platforms.Preferred experience in Commodity Trading or Broking, Exchanges, Auction Houses or Platforms for trading carbon or other environmental or commodity markets, with a strong grasp of market dynamics, participants, contract & deal types, and key elements of value chain price driversSkills & Abilities - Critical thinking, problem solving skills; self-motivation with the ability to work independently and make autonomous decisions; excellent written and verbal communication; superior organizational and time management skills; impeccable attention to detail.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions. To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.