Senior Analyst - Credit
One of the key priorities at LPPI is ensuring that our people work every day in an empowered, supportive, diverse and inclusive culture. Practically, this means recognising and valuing the uniqueness of every individual in terms of background, experience, beliefs and circumstances. This starts with the recruitment process, where we partner with agencies who share our common goal and advertise on a variety of job boards to access the broadest spectrum of candidates. And once successful applicants are on board, we trust our people to work in the way that works best for them which typically involves a mix of office and home working plus an engagement model to ensure frequent two-way feedback.
We are very proud of our culture at LPPI and the benefits it brings to both our people and the business. But don't just take our word for it! Recently we invited our entire workforce to describe in three words what is great about us, and they said - our people, flexibility and collaboration.
If you would like to join a company that is inclusive and forward thinking, please read on.
LPPI has a large and complex portfolio with over half the capital managed externally. The selection and ongoing monitoring of these external managers is one of LPPI's key activities. This role will support the Portfolio Manager in the implementation of LPPI's external manager research and monitoring activities predominantly focused on credit across both public and private market strategies. This role requires you to build strong working relationships with both the internal investment team and third-party managers.
- Monitoring & new IDD. Support/lead the monitoring of existing investments and selection due diligence on new investments in line with LPPI policies and mandate guidelines. This will include close collaboration with the credit team as well as other LPPI asset class specialists. You will be expected to build and maintain appropriate manager and investor networks
- Systems & processes. You will ensure monitoring and new investment due diligence processes are followed, including the recording of relevant documentation. LPPI and IDD processes will continue to be enhanced over time and you will support these ongoing evolutions in processes, systems, and tools
- Investment analysis & reporting. Produce relevant quantitative analysis to supplement the qualitative due diligence process across existing and new investments. Deliveries may include portfolio opportunity set/strategy analysis, detailed manager and portfolio specific performance/risk analysis, peer groups etc. You will also need to support additional IDD and credit asset class reporting as required by other LPPI stakeholders
- Portfolio analysis & reporting. Produce relevant quantitative analysis to support the management of the LPPI credit portfolio. To include look through exposure analysis, performance attribution, and cash flow forecasts
- Communication. Deliver clear, accurate and logical written reports as part of documenting the various elements of LPPI's IDD process. You will need to support/lead structured interactions (including face to face) with third-party managers and other counterparties on a regular basis. You will be expected to synthesise information and escalate key points/issues as appropriate to the relevant internal teams and committees
- Team. Outside of IDD and Credit, you will need to build relationships and liaise effectively with a range of internal teams including responsible investment, operational due diligence, risk, legal and others to execute LPPI's IDD processes and ensure compliance with other internal policies. You may be required to supervise and train more junior team members over time
- Degree level educated preferably gained within a finance, economics or mathematics related discipline. Possession of post-graduate qualification or professional accreditation (e.g. MS, MBA, CFA or equivalent) is an advantage
- Significant demonstrated experience of fund/manager research with a focus on private credit. Experience in evaluating and monitoring third party managers via both desk-based research and face to face interactions
- Strong working knowledge of credit investment strategies, capital markets and relevant fund manager universes. Existing professional industry network
- Proactive mindset with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, detail orientation, problem solver, ability to synthesise data to make relevant and logical inferences
- Structured and process driven with excellent organisation skills. Ability to prioritise, manage expectations and deliver on time
- Team player with the ability to engage productively both within and outside immediate team to produce results
- Intellectually curious, desire to grow and develop knowledge within credit specifically but also across other asset classes and strategies
- An understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda including embedding good practice and an understanding of LPP's commitment to combating discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity
Reasonable adjustments will be made to working arrangements to accommodate a person with a disability who otherwise would be prevented from undertaking the work.