One of the UK's largest service providers is looking to recruit a skilled payroll professional. The role will be based within their Nottingham office three days a week with the rest at home. Continued growth and recent acquisitions have led to this position being recruited. This is a great opportunity to step up into a leadership position within an award-winning organisation that really cares for their employees.
Reporting into the Assistant Payroll Manager, the duties will include:
- Responsible for supervising and coaching the payroll Administrators
- Providing payroll support, taking responsibility for the processing of a large 4 weekly/ weekly and monthly payrolls, dealing with statutory calculations including Tax, NI, SSP, SMP, SMP etc.
- Being responsible for dealing with payroll queries, out of payroll payment requests (including deduction processing) and producing payroll reports
- Liaising with internal colleagues to validate and sense-check payment files prior to submission
- Assist with appraisals and one to ones
- Pension Submissions to Nest
- Ensure compliance and applicable laws and payroll tax obligations
- Inputting annual leave on our employee data base
- Managing starters and leavers, ensuring P45's are received/issued and tax codes updated to facilitate first and last payments
- Assisting management with month end processes and improving processes
The ideal candidate will have experience of being in a similar senior payroll position, experience of managing large payrolls, effective communication skills and be confident with systems including excel.
If you're an experienced payroll professional who is looking to develop their supervising skills, then please contact Mark Caunce on or
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/95024756