We are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our Finance team at our Head Office in Eastleigh, Hampshire.
The Hendy Group is a family-run business with over 40 dealerships, which cover in excess of 75 franchise locations throughout the South Coast. At Hendy, we aim to deliver a premium experience as we have done for more than 160 years, all in an effort to achieve our vision of delivering 100% customer and colleague satisfaction; our forward-thinking, progressive outlook perfectly complements our values, with honesty, quality, care and customer service at the heart of the company, as they have been since 1859.
Reporting to the Financial Accounting Manager, you will support the delivery of financial accounting, cash management and fiscal compliance across the Group to ensure accuracy, timeliness and efficiency across all activities you are involved in.
The successful candidate will have regular and direct exposure to our Operational Board and will form a crucial part of the Financial Accounting team, playing a key role in the long-term development and succession plan of the department.
Role Responsibilities will include:
- Involvement in key month end reporting (ownership of parts of the nominal ledger, accurate and up-to-date balance sheet reconciliations, capital expenditure process and reporting) allowing the Senior Accounts and Management teams to make informed decisions.
- Gathering, checking and taking ownership of VAT analysis and compliance.
- Managing, and motivating one direct report.
- Overseeing and coordination of the company statutory reporting requirements including annual accounts, external audits and fiscal returns.
- Preparing corporate tax packs annually.
- Leading on wider ad-hoc team projects helping to create and nurture a culture of company compliance.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of accounting systems and processes in order to guarantee the Group's procedures remain fit for purpose.
- Ideally be ACCA / CIMA/ ACA part-qualified with a minimum of 2 years financial accounts exposure gained from a fast-paced commercial business or practice environment.
- Supervisory experience would be desirable but not essential.
- Understanding of year-end audit, VAT and all other financial accounting processes/statutory reporting (essential).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with all levels of financial and non-financial colleagues.
- An advanced level of understanding and using Excel.
As well as a competitive salary we offer a structured career with the opportunity for personal development and training within our rewarding environment. In addition, you can expect the following additional benefits:
- Bespoke induction and training programme and comprehensive ongoing training throughout your career,
- Access to group car benefit scheme,
- Opportunity to join the company pension scheme,
- Discounts on new vehicle, used vehicle, service and parts purchases,
- Various perks and discounts with high street and online retailers and services (Perkbox).
If you possess the necessary experience, skills and qualifications and would like to be part of Hendy Group's success, select Apply Now and submit your CV with a short letter of introduction highlighting what value you feel you could bring to Team Hendy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/95137940