Robert Half are partnering Marshall Motor Group based in Milton Keynes. Due to their continued growth, they are looking to recruit talented financial professionals for their Group finance function.
Represent a leading Automotive brand whilst working for Automotive Management "Dealer Group of the Year" 2021
Marshall Motor Group is a multi-award winning company with strong values that put our people and customers at the heart of everything they do. Recently being recognised by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of the UK's Best Large Workplaces, they have approximately 5,500 colleagues, over 200 dealerships and a turnover of over £2billion; they are still growing!
Position Summary - Direct Tax Manager
A newly created role of Direct Tax Manager, which will have as an initial focus the insourcing of the Group's corporation tax compliance and tax accounting activities. This will then become a broad-spectrum role encompassing direct tax compliance and reporting as well as tax risk management responsibilities. The emphasis is on ensuring that the Group's direct tax affairs are dealt with in accordance with current legislation and remain compliant with all upcoming changes in regulatory requirements.
The role requires a hands-on individual who is capable of rolling their sleeves up to deliver multiple priorities within tight timescales.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Compliance and Reporting:
- Responsibility for all of the Group's direct tax compliance processes, including preparing and submitting Corporation Tax computations, QIPs, GPA administration and related filings and payments.
- Preparation of capital allowance reviews and claims for large property projects.
- Responsibility for the distribution, collation and review of quarterly tax packets from the divisional finance teams.
- Preparation and filing of the PAYE Settlement Agreement and Employment Related Securities Return.
- Ensure that the Group's corporation tax affairs are dealt with in accordance with current legislation, including liaison with advisors and the tax authorities as necessary.
- Provide ad hoc support and absence cover for certain indirect tax activities, such as review and auctioning of weekly exception reports and ad hoc authorisation of zero-rated sales transactions.
Advisory and Risk Management:
- Provide internal tax advisory services, including supporting HR and Payroll with employment tax matters as required.
- Taking into account the Group's risk appetite, seek opportunities to and initiate new proposals to maximise tax reliefs and efficiencies available across the Group to optimise tax liabilities through effective tax planning.
- Responsibility for preparation for all direct tax related Senior Accounting Officer reporting and testing requirements.
- In keeping with the culture of continuous improvement, support process improvement initiatives and proactively identify opportunities for enhancements and efficiency gains.
- Qualified CTA.
- Experience working in a Tax Accountant/Tax Manager role in industry having made first move out of practice.
- Strong tax compliance and IFRS/FRS 102 tax accounting experience in a complex group environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly MS Excel.
- Colleague discounts on new and used vehicles, parts and servicing
- MAVTA reward and recognition awards
- £600 Colleague Referral Bonus
- Marshall Rewards discount shopping portal
- Matched pension contributions
- Life assurance at no cost to you
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: roberthalf.co.uk/privacy notice.