Are you a driven, enthusiastic and motivated individual? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
Would you like to join a progressive and forward-thinking leader in the construction sector?
If you want to further your career and build on your knowledge, Seddon Construction is for you!
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Purchase Ledger Assistant to join our Accounts team based in Bolton. The main responsibility is the correct approval of supplier invoices against purchase orders to enable payment to suppliers.
What you'll do:
- Processing of supplier invoices to enable strict 30-day payment terms.
- Entering of delivery notes ensuring order numbers are correct and that items are delivered against the correct products and quantities within our cost periods on COINS.
- Liaising with suppliers to resolve any discrepancies to enable prompt payment.
- Liaising with the buying department on price or quantity discrepancies.
- Monthly supplier statement reconciliations.
- Basic usage of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Communicate with sites to ensure information regarding the delivery of materials is correct.
- All procedures for deliveries and payments to be completed correctly with speed and accuracy within the monthly/weekly timescale - dependant on payment terms agreed, to enable constant supply of goods.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.
We would welcome applications with the following skills; Accounts, Support, Invoices, Order Processing, Payments, Reconciliation, COINS, Finance, IT Literate, Communication, Purchase Ledger Assistant.
25 Days Holidays | Pension Scheme | Free Parking | Private Health Care | Professional Development | Free wellbeing initiatives such as eye care vouchers, occupational health, employee assistance programme | Ministry of Fun | Flexible Working | Online Discounts (Seddy Savings)
Have you got what it takes?
- Strong attention to detail and analytical thinking.
- Financial Awareness.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workload, depending on business requirements.
- Able to work on your own initiative as well as being a team player.
- Knowledge of COINS an advantage but not essential.
Established in 1897, Seddon has come a long way growing from a small family business to a national company employing over 700 people. But we've never lost sight of what really matters. To us, building relationships is as important as building buildings.
The reason for our continued success can be summed up in one simple word: TRUST. Our customers know that when we make a promise, we keep it. That's what sets Seddon apart. It's what our business was founded on and it remains the cornerstone of everything we do today.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/95345376