Job sustainability and client growth are common attributes in a normal market. However, the 'new normal' means we have to navigate career moves with more caution but with the same optimism ensuring we think about protecting our careers and futures prospects. Working with a leading employer of choice based in Leeds, this new position of Group Financial Accountant sits at the heart of a finance centre of excellence enabling a birds eye view of both finance and operational outputs. Whilst this role is a high-profile role not just because of its influence with Group but because of its wider support it provides in business partnering central functions and senior/director level stakeholders. Reporting to a senior Manager with extensive exposure to the CFO and Group Financial Controller this role will also carry the responsibility for:
- Preparing monthly cost centre variance reports understanding performance
- Quarterly forecasting and budgeting supporting whilst supporting the commercial finance analysts
- Preparation of Group consolidated accounts and biannual presentations
- Being a business partner to budget holders and various director level stakeholders
- Ownership of key balance sheet accounts
- Ad-hoc project work being a key member of the central finance team which may involve acquisition du diligence, merger and post implementation work
Essentially this role would be suited to a qualified ACA/ACCA having likely had a technical ground within practice and now wishes to engage these skills in a wide-reaching role combining essential accounting balanced with business partner and a forward looking outlook. Few roles offer this breadth and depth combines with being a true employer of choice. Please get in touch with team for a full consultative overview and a genuine approach that will take a measured approach in ensuring this is correct role and timing.