An extremely exciting opportunity to move into a diverse, hands on role within a global, market leading investment firm. You will assist and oversee a range of roles and responsibilities, some of which include fee calculations, investor allocations and improving internal controls to allow for a more efficient day to day running of the team. Paying between £75-90k depending on experience, this role is based in central London.
In this Assistant Fund Controller role, you will be very hands on with the day to day running and oversight of the company's funds. Ideally with experience in credit market or hedge funds, the position offers a chance to progress and develop both within the role and the company.
Roles & responsibilities
- Review calculation of estimated and final NAVs for a group of hedge funds, including FX classes of investors, side pockets and SMAs
- Ensure management and performance fees/allocations are calculated in accordance with PPMs, IMAs, and side letters.
- Review fund operating expenses prepared by fund administrator and provide comments/changes
- Process expense payments related to the funds and review allocations based on the expense allocation policy
- Review of fund administrator-prepared annual financial statements, and liaise with external auditors and fund administrator regarding financial reporting and timely issuance of financial statements
- Compile information for due diligence requests from investors and counter-parties, assist with other ad hoc
- Implement systems, processes and procedures to improve efficiency while maintaining adequate internal control environment
- Experience working on credit market funds
- Public or a mixture of Big 4 & private accounting experience; 8+ yrs. of fund accounting experience
- Experience with investor and partnership allocations and related software (i.e. Backstop, Hedgetek, Investran, etc.)
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multitask
- Highly organised
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/95515172