We are a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for our clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products. We are truly global, supporting our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. Our high-energy and collaborative culture at Janus Henderson helps our client achieve their goals and ensures that our people love the place they work.
The Global Technology department plays a crucial role in supporting the success of the business. We are responsible for developing and implementing state-of-the-art software and hardware maintenance to support our fund management, trading, distribution and operational areas with secure, stable and resilient technology platforms.
The IT department has approx. 400 employees and plays a crucial role in supporting the success of Janus Henderson. We are responsible for developing and implementing state-of-the-art software and processes to support our fund management, trading, compliance, distribution and operational areas and for maintaining a stable and resilient IT infrastructure platform.
The Finance Technology department supports all of Finance & HR requirements. The team is split between Denver and London in accordance with our user base. The systems we support are primarily SAP based however there is a growing contingent of other applications both cloud based and on premise.
Overview of the role
Reporting to the Finance System Architect, you will be responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of reporting and analytics technology supporting Finance, Tax, Procurement and HR teams at Janus Henderson.
Working together with members of IT and Finance, you will be the first line support for the Finance department for reporting queries and issues. In addition to the on-going system activities, you will be pivotal in the delivery of changes and enhancement to the existing solution, as well as new projects.
You will have the opportunity of learning new technologies and contribute to shaping up the reporting and analytics roadmap of the Finance and HR departments.
Duties and responsibilities
• Ensure that the Finance reporting and analytics solutions are fit for purpose and all the maintenance tasks are performed without issues every month
• Proactively investigate any areas of improvements in the reporting landscape and work with the product owner to assess the feasibility and priority of your findings
• Support the development of new features in our reporting landscape and lead the development in specific areas of competence
• Manage end-to-end work, from collecting user stories, designing the technical implementations, deploying changes, to organising testing execution, under direction of the product owner
• Independently liaise with senior stakeholders, grow a deep understanding of their processes and data, and become a trusted business partner
• Work using the "Janus Henderson way" for product management, SDLC and Agile delivery
• Support internal and external audit requests and actively promote a culture of internal controls
Technical skills and qualifications
• Reporting and analytics experience
• Power BI development
• SAP BW reporting experience
• Data warehousing modelling experience cloud and on premise
• Experience in the end to end delivery of report and dashboard development from design to implementation using Agile
• Programming experience SQL, Dax and PowerQuery
• Experience of working with Finance and HR datasets
• Passion for visualizations and telling stories with data
• Power BI Paginated Report Builder
• SAP Finance and Controlling
• Azure Data Lake and Snowflake
• Business Objects Web Intelligence and Analysis for Office
• Accounting knowledge
In addition to putting clients first, acting like an owner, and succeeding as a team, the competencies for this role include:
• Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
• Comfortable debugging solutions and coming up with proposals for issue resolution
• Self-starter with proven problem-solving capabilities
• Able to analyze complex situations and take appropriate action
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Team player with a flexible result driven approach
• Capable of liaising with Finance and Technology specialists
• Accustomed to working effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Able to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed, in line with applicable regulatory requirements, by:
• Annual performance appraisal
• Completion of all assigned compliance training
• Annual attestation (Knowledge and Competence in-scope roles only)
At a minimum the role will require you to:
• Place the interest of Janus Henderson's Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
• Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if you would like further explanation or direction regarding this
• Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and ask for the support/guidance of the policy owner if you are unsure at any time
• You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
Janus Henderson (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee's job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson at its sole discretion).
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus Henderson Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants' past political contributions or activity may impact applicants' eligibility for this position. Janus Henderson is an equal opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applications are subject to background checks.