When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you'll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As an Assistant Manager - Risk and Insurance with Hines, you will be expected to support the European Risk Insurance Director in developing and maintaining appropriate processes and procedures to meet the wider team and corporate objectives on the Risk Management team. The Risk and Insurance team are highly regarded at Hines, supporting the business to develop and innovate by providing the necessary framework to maximise opportunities, whilst ensuring that risks are considered, managed and transferred where appropriate. The team also provide limited funding to assist the business to manage risks. You will help develop the future strategic direction for the Risk and Insurance function in Europe, as part of a wider collaborative team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Onboarding new assets, ensuring adequate insurance.
- Day to day management of property insurance programme.
- Work with brokers and third parties to ensure insurance programs comply with lender requirements.
- Assisting with the policy renewal processes from the initial stage of compiling underwriting information and preparation of pre-renewal summary reports through to assistance in negotiation strategy and implementation.
- Support the business with risk management through leading loss prevention programmes, with the analysis of loss data to identify trends and make recommendations for improvements and new initiatives.
- Manage claims across the portfolio, lead claims meetings and manage third party relationships.
- Support to senior management in interpreting policy terms and conditions (including stand-alone construction placements).
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Director Insurance Risk Management.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Bachelors degree in Risk Management or related field from an accredited institution.
- Five or more years of experience in an insurance risk management department, brokerage firm or insurance company.
- In depth knowledge insurance expertise on Property, Liability, and Construction Insurance.
- Dip CII or higher.
- Strong analytical skills and technically minded.
- Management of property loss prevention programmes.
- Outgoing and engaging character, with the confidence to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organisation, demonstrating tact and diplomacy.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organised and methodological approach.
- Able to deliver to deadlines.
- Prepared to work independently and as part of a team.
- Understand that the department is a role model for ethics in the business and act in line with that. You will be exposed to confidential information that must stay confidential.
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 240 cities in 27 countries. Hines oversees a portfolio of assets under management valued at approximately $160.9 billion¹, including $81.7 billion in assets under management for which Hines serves as investment manager, and $79.2 billion representing more than 172.9 million square feet of assets for which Hines provides third-party property level services. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired approximately 1,450 properties, totaling over 485 million square feet. The firm has more than 180 developments currently underway around the world. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering commitment to ESG, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit www.hines.com for more information. ¹Includes both the global Hines organization as well as RIA AUM as of December 31, 2020.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.
External Company URL: www.karba.com
Street: 5 Welbeck Street