Purchase Ledger / Accounts Clerk
Gensmile is building a different kind of dental group providing quality dentistry and an enhanced experience for both patient and clinician.
The founding ethos of Gensmile is to work with dental practitioners who seek to be freed of the demands of running a business and instead want to be able to focus on delivering high quality dentistry to their patients. We are committed to long-term partnerships with these clinicians.
Our aim is that each of our dental practices is a place where dental professionals want to build their careers and where patients receive a best-in-class experience with excellent clinical outcomes.
The company was founded in 2014, made its first acquisition in 2015, and is actively looking to grow through additional acquisitions and organic development of the 30 dental sites, and 5 dental laboratories it owns already, making this an exciting time to join the business.
The company has experienced rapid growth over the previous 5 years, growing from zero to circa £30 million turnover. We expect this to continue, and therefore require employees who can contribute to this growth and develop their skills over time.
We are a dynamic company and believe work should be an enjoyable place to be. We offer flexible working hours, with the core hours being between 9.30am and 4.30pm.
Based in our head office 2 days a week, working from home 3 days per week and reporting to the Purchase Ledger Manager, you will be a key member in the smooth running of the finance function. Due to the processes in place, an ability to competently and quickly use Excel, coupled with an attention to detail, is more important for the role than previous purchase ledger experience. As such this is a great role for an individual looking to gain experience within a finance department. We have a proven history of developing employees from this level and allocating additional tasks and roles with the finance department as knowledge and experience grow.
The core duties for the post are:
- Working on Excel and within Sage 200 to maintain purchase ledger, including:
- Invoice processing
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Maintaining standing data
- Allocation of bank payments
- Processing weekly cash sheets received from the practices
- Liaising with suppliers of the business
- Liaising with Practice Managers as appropriate on financial/administrative matters
- Supporting the smooth integration of new practices into the business
- Purchase ordering
- Answering the telephone and emails, responding to enquiries or re-directing as necessary
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
- Salary up to £18,000
- Pension scheme with NEST, employer contributions at 3%
- Free on-site Parking
- Perkbox - employee benefits package
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- An additional day off for your birthday each year
- Flexible working hours
Good MS Office skills, (in particular Microsoft Excel).
Relevant finance experience including the use of Sage beneficial.
There are no minimum academic requirement however degrees, A-levels, GCSE's and Vocational Training will all be taken into account when selecting candidates for interview.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/95560795