If you've taken a leisurely scroll through RightMove recently or even gone for a walk in your local area and seen 'For Sale' signs up outside every other house you pass, it'll come as no surprise to you to hear that Nationwide have recently reported that house prices are up 11% on a year ago - and remain about 13% above pre-pandemic levels.
In short, the housing market - and therefore construction industry that supports it - is booming.
We're working with a start-up construction company who are looking to recruit a Finance Manger to support them on their planned journey of extensive growth. The Finance Manager will report directly to the Managing Director (with a dotted line to the Group FC), offering a fantastic opportunity to work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to steer the financial future direction of the business.
With line management of one Accounts Assistant, you'll be responsible for:
- Treasury management: Cash is King in this industry, so this'll require very close management.
- Monthly management accounts: P&L, balance sheet, cash-flow and commentary.
- Budgeting, forecasting and other reporting: Working with the SLT to find ways to maximise revenue and reduce costs, aligning this with the company's overall operational objectives.
- Overseeing accounts payable, receivable and payroll: Mainly dealt with by the Accounts Assistant but process improvements and overarching management of the processes are key here.
- Stakeholder management: Maintaining proactive relationships with customers, key suppliers, the accountants, the banks and other institutions are fundamental to success in the role.
If you're a qualified accountant - brilliant, but equally, this company knows that experience holds weight in such a tight-knit industry, so we'd still love to hear from you if you're an experienced Finance Manager from a Construction or Manufacturing background - even if you haven't got the letters after your name.
This role will be office-based in Peterborough and comes with a generous salary of up to £50k.
If you'd like more info, would like to discuss your suitability for the role or are keen to see a full spec before applying, please contact Ayrton Fontaine at The ONE Group on 01733 234 000. Alternatively, if this sounds like a role you'd be keen to explore further, please apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/95555636