About the opportunity
The role will require a strong understanding of the strategies covered and the portfolio managers' investment process. It will involve conducting/commissioning in depth fund analysis (e.g. performance attribution, competitor analysis, liquidity analysis, risk exposure, macro sensitivity, revenue exposure, style biases...) to better understand the funds' biases and sensitivities, and better manage clients' expectations and explain performance patterns.
It will be your responsibility to provide informative responses to queries within the agreed timescale, either through your own knowledge or through information sourced from elsewhere in the company. The role will also involve the writing and timely distribution of fund updates, tailored as appropriate for different types of clients, as well as drafting press articles on behalf of portfolio managers. Playing an active (and in some cases leading role) in projects which will enhance our investment proposition, systems enhancement, the development of portfolio management tools, product restructuring and strategic marketing.
The expansion of Fidelity's capabilities into areas such as systematic investing and total return brings greater complexity to the team's work - the Investment Specialist plays an active and integral role in supporting these areas of our businesses, together with the team's more 'traditional' core offering. The Investment Specialist is assigned specific areas of coverage, where they will become expert, however, the demands of the business mean that team members must be prepared to operate cross franchise to meet the evolving demands of / cyclical nature of our business to balance the workload across the more demanding IS role.
• Understand each fund's investment approach, characteristics and key selling points.
• Work closely with Investment Directors, both pro-actively suggesting ideas for fund updates as well as sourcing information in response to client queries.
• Tailor and edit content provided by Investment Directors to reinforce core fund messages and make it appropriate for onward distribution.
• Write and distribute fund updates including key portfolio changes and stock stories, and ensure compliance requirements are met.
• Ensure timely and relevant response to client investment queries.
• Work closely with Product Specialists in India to ensure timely, high-quality, reporting and presentation updates
• Review, and contribute to, RFP content for new opportunities/mandates
• Understand the key barriers to sale for priority products and deliver solutions through effective communication.
• Understand which information is relevant to client-facing personnel and ensure effective distribution.
• Be proficient in understanding how to extract and interpret technical fund information from company IT systems.
• To be familiar with and adhere to the requirements of Fidelity's code of ethics and disclosure rules.
Experience and Qualifications Required
• Good investment knowledge, preferably CFA
• Strong communication and excellent writing skills
• Language skills, preferably fluency in European Language(s)
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong technical skills
• Ability to work with data sets, proven analytical skills
• An independent thinker
• An initiative taker
• Positive/can do attitude
• Ability to prioritise all projects and work quickly to meet demanding deadlines
• Strong team player
• Proactive approach
• Good knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Ability to source information from within company systems.
• Eager to learn
• Experience of Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters Eikon/Datastream or FactSet would be a plus.
• This is an SMCR role
About youAbout Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.56 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $783.6 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond.
We are committed to being a truly flexible employer, encouraging and trusting our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our business, our colleagues and our clients. We offer the maximum possible flexibility over where and when you work for all, considering your role and any local regulations. We call this new approach "dynamic working".
Find out more about what we do, our history, our new approach of "dynamic working" and how you could be a part of our future at https://careers.fidelityinternational.com/about-us
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.