COMPANY DETAILS AND JOB OVERVIEW:
Kenton Black Finance are delighted to offer an Accounts Semi-Senior position within a thriving firm that will offer scope and long term career progression for the right individual.
Consisting of more than 50 staff and 7 directors they have become one of the most trusted, respected and highly experienced firms in the North West and now they want YOU to join their growing Team.
If you are ambitious, determined and a great people person then read on to learn more about your perfect role.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Accounts Semi-Senior your core duties will include:
- Supporting the directors in managing a portfolio of clients.
- Assisting the Senior Manager in managing the filing deadlines for year-end accounts and corporation Tax returns for clients.
- Preparing year end accounts, financial statements and tax computations for a wide variety of clients.
- Preparing VAT returns for some clients.
- Bookkeeping both on clients premises and remotely.
- Managing a small portfolio of clients.
- Assisting with client training on accounting software.
- Advising on the improvement of profitability and business efficiency through continuous monitoring.
- Reducing the burden of taxation on the businesses and their owners with good tax planning and advice.
- Actively looking to introduce new clients to the company and help promote and sell its services to prospective clients, financial institutions and the business community.
KEY ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
You will be a Part Qualified Accountant with a methodical approach to your work whilst also having the ability to work well as part of a team or independently.
You will have strong communication skills and be able to liaise with individuals at all levels using your experience of 3-5 years in a similar role within a practice.
Software Knowledge desirable but not essential:
Sage, Freeagent, Kashflow, Quickbooks , Xero and Iris.
WHY THIS FIRM?
This firm is well established in the North West region with excellent opportunities for long term career development up to Partner level.
They will support you throughout your career and also offer a fast track scheme for ambitious, passionate and hardworking individuals.
They are also very ambitious themselves and are striving to enter the" Top 100 Accountancy Firms in the UK" 2026.
BUT WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
It's not all work, work, work as they have regular team nights out, weekend getaways and annual Christmas Parties.
They invest in their people and their people are their business and will provide you with full study support, a competitive salary, many flexible benefits, flexible working and the option to work hybrid once trained; not forgetting a wonderful working environment.
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
Kenton Black Finance operate across the UK as a marker leading recruitment partner, specialising in the attraction of finance talent across both permanent and interim requirements. With a team of dedicated experts, each with longevity operating in the finance arena, we maintain a proven track record and have established partnerships with businesses both large, small and those in their infancy. Market leaders, we provide recruitment solutions from entry level accounting trainees to Director and Partner level. Operating from local offices in, Manchester, Preston, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham and Glasgow, Kenton Black Finance remain a dynamic and effective recruitment partner who represent and attract only the finest finance talent in the local area and across the UK.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/95108155