Are you experienced in preparing Financial Accounts for multiple entities and attending to related bookkeeping along with the upkeep of associated statutory records?
We are the Accounting arm of a Family Investment Office with a growing portfolio of investments in commercial properties which are generally held in separate Ltd companies(SPVs). In addition we are similarly responsible for the Accounting matters of a number of small trading companies both UK and overseas which are related to Unsworth UK Ltd., the family's Main core business.
Unsworth is an internationally recognised, multi award-winning Logistics Company which has its own accounting and finance team run independently of the family investment office although sharing the same building.
Our small family office unit is based in Leytonstone, East London and looking to appoint a Senior Bookkeeper / Accountant to join our growing closely-knit team. This is an excellent long term opportunity for someone with relevant experience looking for a local Leytonstone role ideally 8.30-5pm.
- Book keeping for a number of SPVs. (double entry bookkeeping, reconciliations, journal posting, processing sales / purchase invoices, posting receipts / payments)
- Raising and sending out sales invoices including Associated company transactions
- Varied duties dealing with mainly small volume, high value transactions for Rents and Inter Company Charges etc. with Tenant Companies and other entities based in the UK, Singapore , Guernsey, IOM and France
- Prepare and submit Companies House statutory filing requirements.
- Assisting with other statutory filings for some overseas entities
- Preparation and submission of monthly / quarterly VAT returns
- Preparation of draft year end accounts
- Processing of expenses
- Setting up payments within Barclays.net
- Assistance with due diligence and KYC enquiries for banks, new suppliers or customers.
- Providing administrative and clerical support as needed.
- Collating management information to assist Directors in making informed decisions regarding investments
- PA to Senior Director on confidential corporate matters
Desirable experience and qualities:
- 3+ years proven previous bookkeeping experience working for Directors/Senior Management is essential
- A grounding of dealing with Accounts Production and related activities for SMEs in an Accountancy practice would be an advantage.
- AAT or ACCA part qualified desirable although 'qualified by experience' also acceptable
- Experience with Barclays.NET and SAGE Accountancy software desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong administration skills with proficient in Microsoft Office- Outlook/Word/Excel
- You will be a highly organised self starter who thrives in a busy environment, who enjoys working closely with a variety of people.
- A willingness to learn about any new or unfamiliar aspects to the role
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Forward thinking and strong analytical skills to solve problems
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion
- Competitive remuneration package
- Staff Loyalty schemes, Health Care Plan, Enhanced holiday scheme, cycle to work, weekly yoga, mentoring scheme
- Specialist training is available where some aspects of this broad role are outside a candidate's immediate experience
Please send us your CV with short letter explaining why you feel this role particularly suits you.
If you do not hear anything from us within 10 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
No Agencies Please
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/95012420