In a Nutshell...
We have a great opportunity for a Tax Assistant to join our team within Vistry Group, at our Coleshill office. As our Tax Assistant you will be responsible for supporting the Group Tax Team to ensure that we manage the groups tax risk by both undertaking compliance work and assisting the Tax Accountant and Senior Tax Manager in supporting the wider business. The role provides a great opportunity to further develop knowledge of the tax affairs for a large UK corporate and receive support for a career in tax compliance delivery and management. We are pleased to say, this role can accommodate agile working arrangements and will consider part time or job sharing.Let's cut to the chase, what's in it for you...
In return, what we would like from you...
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Agile working arrangements possible for this role
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 days per annum
- Free private healthcare from your start date
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance - 3 x your annual salary
- Sharesave scheme
- Cycle to work scheme - up to £3000
- Support with a professional membership
- Denplan, GymFlex and many more...
More about the Tax Assistant role...
- Behave in line with our company values - Integrity, Caring and Quality
- A basic level of tax knowledge is required for this role and has previous experience in delivering VAT compliance.
- We will consider candidates currently working in industry or those wishing to move from practice
- GCSEs: Minimum pass of 4 or more (C and above) in 5 subjects, including Maths and English; A-Levels: Minimum of C's in all 3 subjects
- Strong IT skills and proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Excel etc.
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Good analytical skills with an attention to detail and ability to scrutinise large volumes of data to identify errors and / or inconsistencies.
- Team player
- A desire to learn and develop from colleagues within the team
- Whilst knowledge of the housebuilding and construction sector is beneficial it is not essential
Finally, let's tell you about us...
- Taking a key role in the management and delivery of the Group's tax compliance.
- Preparation, review and submission of VAT Returns and analysing data to support the required filings.
- Assisting with the VAT administration (e.g. VAT registrations) and management of the HMRC agent account.
- Supporting the development and implementation of new processes and procedures to improve the Group's tax compliance process and meet the requirements of Making Tax Digital.
- Liaising with external stakeholders such as HMRC and auditors to answer any queries or provide information required for tax filings to be processed and approved.
- Assisting the Tax Accountant and Senior Tax Manager in dealing with tax queries from across the business to support the delivery of the Group's tax compliance.
- Alongside the wider team, supporting with the implementation of a Tax Risk and Control Framework.
- Assisting the team in ensuring that the Tax DUG (Intranet) page is kept up to date and that all training material as part of the Tax Education Programme is consistently prepared and then published on a timely basis.
- Opportunity to broaden experience in other areas of tax including Corporation Tax and Construction Industry Scheme ('CIS').
Vistry Group came together at the start of 2020, bringing together the energy, talent and deep-rooted experience of Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Vistry Partnerships. With a wide range of skills, experience, and backgrounds - we have come together to live our values of Integrity, Caring and Quality.We are all about people, and it is our people, around 3000 of us, who have created a UK top-five housebuilder, with a five-star rating. We care about the wellbeing of our people and we value diversity and inclusion, seeking to create a supportive, dynamic environment where talented and dedicated people can develop their career.Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us here at Vistry Group - we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us - we will always be happy to help.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/95511493