We are excited to be recruiting for a Finance Project Controller on behalf of an established UK specialist.
The purpose of this role is to work on assignments and projects given. To support all aspects of project accounting for the relevant clients and create efficiencies within processes.
Manage all project accounting operation including Billing, Project Accounting and Revenue Recognition alongside all monthly and annual internal reporting requirements.
This role is a key role to measure and report on the performance of contracts against budget and to oversee associated project costing records.
Review and maintenance of job costing records including:
Review of new projects once customers have signed an order acceptance.
Updating Project Accounting database to reflect new projects plus design changes, asset value revisions and cost overruns on existing projects.
Review of contract cost postings.
All aspects of reporting on Job Costs:
Preparation on of monthly KPIs and highlighting project over runs to the Senior Project Controller
Supporting Construction on Managers regarding project performance queries
Coordinate the quarterly project forecast process, liaising with the Construction on teams to identify margin variations.
Assist with the development of the project budget and forecast process to provide increased efficiency, accuracy, and consistency.
Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting as required.
Support month-end and year-end close process in line with group reporting requirements
Develop and document business processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls
Qualifications and Qualities: -
• ACA/CA/ACCA/CIMA qualified.
• Expertise in a similar working environment commensurate with your job title.
• Previous experience of business partnering.
• Practical understanding of financial accounting and commercial business.
• Experience of contract cost management.
• Experience in financial and operational systems.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills (English).
• Proficient in all components of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel in particular).
• Attention to detail and proactivity in all aspects of the job.
• Excellent communication skills to enable him/her to engage with senior stakeholders and to understand the financial impact of information received.
Please send your CV in confidence.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/95503712