Nationwide Platforms is seeking a Purchase Ledger Clerk to work within our busy finance team at our Head Office in Lutterworth. As Purchase Ledger Clerk you will provide a comprehensive and confidential administrative and financial service, ensuring control and maintenance of purchase ledger. We are looking for someone who has purchase ledger experience, an excellent telephone manner and someone who can prioritise and organise their workload.
In reward we offer contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Westfield healthcare scheme, Life assurance x 2 contractual salary. The working hours are 08.30 - 17.00 Monday to Friday.
As the Purchase Ledger Clerk you will: -
- Respond to customer queries concerning disbursements in an efficient and customer-focused manner
- Code up purchase invoices and post to purchase ledger, ensuring adequate authorisation
- Registering and matching invoice with Purchase Orders as required
- Posting payments and cash allocations on the purchase ledger
- Propose purchase ledger payment runs and agree schedule of payments
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Run full month-end procedures on purchase ledgers
- Liaising with depots concerning PO discrepancies
- BACS and cheque payments
- Setting up direct debits & standing orders
- Setting up new supplier accounts
- Maintain accurate manual and computerised records as appropriate
- Undertake checking, reconciliation and collation exercise under the direction of the Purchase Ledger manager.
The successful candidate will have: -
- Purchase Ledger experience gained within a busy commercial environment
- Friendly telephone manner
- Establish rapport quickly with demanding clients/customers
- Previous experience of working within an accounts office
- Understanding of purchase ledger systems.
- Have the ability to prioritise and adapt a flexible approach to working.
Nationwide Platforms is the market-leading powered access rental company in the UK providing a fleet of more than 13,500 machines with working heights from 3m to 90m.
With a depot network spanning 32 depots, Nationwide Platforms provide its customers with leading safe access solutions for working at height. It also has the largest powered access training department in Europe, delivering a comprehensive range of working at height training courses to powered access operators and the wider access industry.
Nationwide Platforms is part of Loxam, Europe's largest equipment rental company operating in 30 countries.