- Short Term contract with possible extension.
- Brisbane CBD Location
- Flexible hours
Eden Ritchie is seeking an experienced Trust Accounts Officer to work within a State Government Department for a short-term contract with possible extension, the department is located in Brisbane's CBD.
The focus of this role is to administer compliance with the Trust Accounts Act 1973 and Trust Account Regulation 1999 as they relate to public accountant's trust accounts. In this role you will liaise and negotiate with external stakeholders to ensure lodgment of necessary documentation pursuant to the Act and assess whether this addresses legislative requirements. Role Description:
- Manage the end-to-end trust accounts cycle by ensuring all documentation is lodged by stakeholders in accordance with the Act
- Assess the adequacy of documentation lodged by stakeholders including audit reports and other declarations as detailed in the Act
- Manage the lodgement of bank securities and maintain records of securities held
- Maintain the Trust Accounts Database and ensuring appropriate records are maintained
- Act as the first point of contact with stakeholders on all aspects of compliance with the Act
- Prepare monthly reports to assist in the management, oversight and compliance of registered trust accounts
- Liaise with Inspectors of Trust Accounts and Departmental legal officers in seeking advice on possible prosecution action against trustees
- Assist with identifying improvements to administrative processes and other duties as required.
Please Apply Now
with your updated CV in WORD format with a cover letter or contact the Eden Ritchie Team for further information.
Applications close on Monday 29th November; any late submissions will be considered for future opportunities.
Job Reference: 555152