Head of Audit: Card, Payments, Shared Services
Our client in the Banking industry is looking for a Head of Audit: Card, Payments, Shared Services that will join
their team in Sandton.
To strategically deliver on all audit outcomes and Group Internal Audit (GIA) deliverables across multiple
portfolios, ensuring that independent and objective assurance is provided to the Group in line with the Institute
of Internal Audit (IIA) methods, standards, and practices whilst developing and maintaining relationships with
internal and external stakeholders
• 8 - 10 years of financial services experience in a senior position in an Audit or Risk environment.
• Experience in a digital environment within banking, in particular Card, Payments, and Shared Services
• Banking experience, inclusive of client-facing experience (preferably).
• Proven ability to operate at a Senior Management level.
• Leadership experience leading teams.
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and optional Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
• T experience would be advantageous.
• Professional Qualifications/Honour's Degree
• Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
• Support the periodic assessments of the outcomes of internal audit work to appropriate governing
bodies, including the GAC, Board Risk Committee, Executive IT Committee (EITCO), and Group IT
• Report on the overall effectiveness of the governance, risk, and internal control framework of the Group;
• Comply with regulatory and corporate governance expectations of internal audit functions;
• Report significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities of the Group, including
potential improvements to those processes;
• Report periodically on the progress of the audit plan delivery
• Maintain and report on whether GIA has sufficient professional audit staff with knowledge, skills,
experience and professional qualifications to meet the requirements of the GIA Charter and audit plan;
• Have in place a robust process to follow-up management's agreed actions to address issues raised by
• Accountable for the delivery and measurable performance of their respective portfolio, including audit
• Apply judgment to provide an overall audit opinion on the system of internal financial controls of the
• Provide insights from the outcomes of internal audit work to appropriate governing bodies;
• Maintain an open and constructive relationship as a Trusted Advisor with senior internal and external
stakeholders including Institute of Internal Audit, SARB, External Audit, and Business Executives;
• Implement effective and efficient audit processes to ensure that audit processes are optimized and
comply with the relevant governance expectations of internal audit functions;
• Develop and maintain relationships with business and key stakeholders in order to ensure robustness
and completeness of audit coverage and contribute at an insight generator/trusted advisor to business
to enhance assurance provided of the control environment;
• Contribute to the development of a 12-month rolling audit plan using a risk-based methodology, taking
into consideration specific business strategic focus areas, regulatory requirements pertaining to internal
audit, as well as including any risks or control concerns identified by management, the GAC and the
• Submit the 12-month rolling audit plan to the GIA Customer Executive: CIB, RBB & Wealth, Card,
Payments and Shared Services for review and approval prior to the commencement of a calendar year;
• Deliver and report on the rolling risk-based internal audit plan;
• Allocate audit resources in accordance with the risk profile for the responsible clusters and ensure the
effective and efficient use of these resources in accordance with approved budgets;
• Have a robust process in place to follow-up and report on management's progress in implementing
agreed actions to address issues identified by GIA; and
• Maintain an open and constructive relationship with the CIA, GIA Customer Executive: CIB, RBB &
Wealth, Card, Payments and Shared Services, Business executives, and key stakeholders by providing
value-added services and sharing information.
Type of Exposure
• Interacting with all levels of Executives / Management
• Communicating standards to others
• Analysing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data
• Auditing current procedures to increase efficiency