Senior Specialist: Credit Profit Optimsation (CH723) Job Description
Our client in the banking industry is looking for a Senior Specialist in their Credit Profit Optimsation
team. Purpose Statement
To maximise credit profitability through:
- Credit pricing optimization; understand customer segments response to different prices of the same product or different products through different channels.
- Developing and maintaining take-up propensity models for credit applications that are applied as inputs for strategic decision making and loan amount and volume budgeting.
- Supporting the company's rewards, behavioural incentives program by applying price elasticity analysis to understand and incentivise healthy credit behaviours.
- Monitoring insights and developing rules for credit risk and pricing.
- Producing work outputs (proposals and analysis) that can be used to drive strategic debate at executive level and enhance the competitiveness of the Bank by improving the pricing proposition for clients.
- At least 5 years' experience in credit risk analytics in a financial or retail environment
- Proven experience in development of credit risk modelsg. propensity, scorecards
- Proven track record on SQL, SAS, R or Python
- Experience in credit pricing and profitability
- Experience in retail credit pricing and profitability modelling
- Experience in retail credit granting/origination
- Grade 12 National Certificate / Vocational
- A relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. Mathematic, Statistics, Financial Mathematics, Quantitative Risk Management, Data Science or Actuarial Science)
- A relevant post graduate qualification (e.g. Mathematic, Statistics, Financial Mathematics, Quantitative Risk Management, Data Science or Actuarial Science) is preferred
- Quantitative credit analytics
- Advanced statistical analysis
- Advanced financial mathematics and data mining techniques
- Financial and business acumen
- Retail Credit Environment and credit life cycle
- Knowledge of the client's Credit Policy
- General understanding of the Banks Act Capital Regulations, National Credit Act and the implication for Capitec business and the Credit Bureau
- Credit industry knowledge
- Knowledge of data structures and systems
- Analytical experience on credit portfolio
- Activity Based Costing (ABC) methodology and application
- Bank governance experience (ALCO, Riskco, Credit Committee, etc)
- Credit origination systems and processes
- Strong data skills and understanding of different programming languages
- SQL Skills (alternatively SAS skills)
- Communications Skills
- Planning, organising and coordination skills
- Visual Basic Skills
- Interpersonal & Relationship management Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Strategic Thinking Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Writing and Reporting
- Learning and Researching
- Creating and Innovating
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Clear criminal and credit record
- Ability and willingness to work in an open plan environment
- Willingness to work or be available overtime and / or weekends if required
- A valid driver''s license and own vehicle is preferred
- Willingness to travel nationally if and when required
- Willing and able to use own home as a formal office / base of operations (including space for ad hoc storage of paperwork, stock, etc.)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us after 30 days you may consider your application unsuccessful
- In keeping with our client's employment equity requirements, only South African citizens will be considered.
- Please include your current salary and salary expectations.