Strategic Valuations Associate Director (Transactions)
Location: Cape Town
Other locations: Primary Location Only
Requisition ID: 285981
We have an exciting role available for a seasoned professional within our Strategy and Transaction team, based in Cape Town.
Ernst& Young's Strategy and Transactions (SaT) practice offers companies professional transaction experience. We help clients to assess and determine the right deal to do, and then assist them executing on the deal.
Within our SaT team, our Valuations group helps clients understand the value of their business, their securities, intellectual property, capital equipment, real estate, intangibles, and other assets as well as how to allocate their capital efficiently. We currently have a career opportunity for an experienced Valuations Associate Director. Responsibilities
- Secure and enhance relationships with senior client management and within the EY Firm;
- Maintain active communication with both partners and clients to manage expectations and ensure client satisfaction. Proactively identify, document and communicate any changes to the scope of work; and
- Present findings to the client via reports and presentations. Maintain and develop positive, productive, and professional relationships with client personnel.
- Assume a leadership role in report generation and working closely with the broader SaT team;
- Serve as a member of multiple client engagement teams, coordinating valuation engagements for the purpose of: management planning, mergers and acquisitions, financial reporting, tax and regulatory compliance, restructuring and reorganization, and corporate strategy.
- Identify issues and propose strategies related to the procedures executed. Develop new and creative analyses to prove key assertions across multiple work streams.
- Manage risk to the firm by adhering to the risk management policies and procedures and ensuring significant risks are identified
- Review work in accordance with the firm's policies on a timely basis and in a thorough and constructive manner
Who we are
- Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, mentor others, stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of the Valuation services provided.
- Live our shared cultures and values at all times and encourage your team members to do the same
- Bachelor's or master's degree in business, finance or accounting with demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with a venture capital, investment banking, commercial banking, or national valuation firm or experience in the valuation or deals practice of an accounting firm.
- Ability to manage project expenditures against budget and revenue, and provide the necessary leadership and guidance to team members to ensure the completion of work deliverables
- Proven track record of valuation transactions you have worked on (JSE IPE opinions, PPAs, fair valuation for transaction/ deal purposes, etc).
- Proven business development, marketing and negotiating techniques with a demonstrated track record of pursing and closing business opportunities, and the ability to manage engagement risk through reaffirming client satisfaction
- Excellent analytical, project-management, communication, inte rpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong technical skills including MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint and we are seeking leaders with the ability to quickly anticipate and respond to the issues of a networked and constantly changing global economy.
Ernst& Young, a global, market leading, professional services firm, with dynamic people in more than 140 countries, is committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, risk advisory and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development.
The right transaction can enhance an organization's growth, competitiveness and profitability. Our VME professionals play an integral role in helping clients effectively executive their transactions. As a valuation professional at EY, you'll help global organizations make strategic decisions by providing responsive, objective advice on valuing businesses, shares and assets. Clients will see you as a vital part of their team. Furthermore, you'll gain valuable experience across industries and geographies as a member of a market-leading practice offering a fully globally integrated transactions service.
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It's how you make a difference.
Ernst& Young is committed to diversity and equity.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients.