In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity-not just answers-in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part ofOne team, One Kroll, you'll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients' most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to joinOne team, One Kroll.
As a VAT Trainee, you will be part of the UK Finance team, reporting to the European VAT Manager, but will also be required to work closely with other areas of Tax and Finance and the wider business.Responsibilities
- Data analysis of monthly AR, AP and GL reports
- Preparing UK & European VAT and EC Sales list returns and ensuring the filing requirements are met on a timely basis
- Extracting and reconciling relevant VAT data from our financial reporting systems
- Preparing VAT journals for review
- Liaison with internal teams including accounts payable, finance, tax and treasury to obtain necessary information for our indirect tax processes
- Assisting the VAT Manager in liaison with tax authorities and internal clients on matters relating to VAT
- Researching on VAT related queries
- Assisting other departments with technical queries
- Assist other members of staff in all aspects of their work as required
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Education Relevant experience required Business, Accounting or Law degree preferred
- Good accounting concepts and knowledge
- Someone with a logical and numerate mind, analytical skills, possessing attention to detail
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively, sufficiently motivated to be able to take ownership and plan / deliver their work
- A team player who is confident in communicating with others and able to work within a team, with a hands-on attitude
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- A genuine interest in taxation and business
- Good communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Experience in using Microsoft Word/Excel to a good
In order to be considered for a position at Krollyou must formally apply via careers.kroll.jobs
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity-not just answers
Experience: 0.00-50.00 Years