Assistant Manager - Rewards UAE & OverseasJob Purpose
The job is primarily responsible for the following:
Responsible for gathering, managing & producing data / analysis required for Rewards & Benefits management in UAE & Overseas countries
Assist Manager, Rewards in renewal of General Principles for Incentives, assist the business teams with incentive renewals on an annual basis
Facilitate the Job evaluation exercise, maintain a master list of all approved jobs at a BankKey Result Area:Rewards:
Variable pay programs:
- Assist in the Bank's participation in compensation and benefits surveys and analyze the data generated through the compensation surveys.
- Review Pay bands on an annual basis for every country and provide management with cost impact analysis for implementation of the new pay bands
- Initiate dipstick surveys and participate in surveys conducted by other banks to propose changes to various compensation and benefits practices.
- Utilize market information to attain a competitive market positioning for attraction and retention of talent
- Assist in the increment and bonus cycle and ensure compliance of the performance appraisal ratings' distribution
- Keep a close watch on changes in the labor laws in each of the overseas countries to ensure compliance.
- Develop and maintain overseas HR Policy Manuals, Benefits Matrix and ensure proper communication of the Banks' compensation and benefits practices to all relevant parties
- Consult with Manager Rewards to provide feedback on matters relating to policy clarification and interpretation to Country HR
- Document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for new and existing processes to ensure uniformity with understanding and implementation
HRMS / MIS:
- Assist the Compensation & Benefits Manager in the design, review, and recommendation and ensure timely approval of incentive schemes, in discussion with the Line Managers across all products and locations (RBG, CIBG, TCM, CCRD) at Mashreq, to suit different business models and enhance the employee performance.
- Involve in the recommendation (where appropriate) to improve effectiveness and to ensure competitiveness aligned to business goals.
- Handle the compensation and benefits related MIS requests from Groups / Divisions.
- Implement the changes in compensation and benefit entitlements due to changes in positions in the hierarchy or transfer.
- Assist in the smooth functioning of all HR systems and support in system development/ enhancement requirements in close coordination with technology on an ongoing basis.
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Organize the Job Evaluation Panel to evaluate / reevaluate jobs periodically
- Review jobs presented for evaluation/re-evaluation in discussion with HRBP's, line managers to ensure compliance to JE requirements
- Communicate approved job evaluation results
- Maintain MIS for all jobs, job descriptions and job scores across bank
- Graduate with 4 to 5 years of experience in HR / Compensation & Benefits
- Analytical, numerical ability and MIS reporting skills
- Understanding of banking compensation practices
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and MS Office tools