Leads wide-ranging credit bureau and systems reporting activities to ensure Bank compliance with the Credit Reporting Resource Guide (CRRG), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and other applicable regulations. Works with Compliance, Legal, Credit, Product, Customer Asset Management, Loan Servicing and Technology to review credit bureau and systems-related processes and procedures, support system changes, resolve reporting deficiencies and implement reporting quality controls.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Complete credit bureau and system reporting activities, ensuring compliance with pertinent Federal and state reporting requirements.
- Ensure credit bureau and systems reporting-related systems, processes and procedures remain current with changes to data furnishing requirements.
- Collaborate with other areas of the Bank, including Compliance, Legal, Credit, Product, Customer Asset Management, Loan Servicing and Technology to gain the requisite support for credit bureau and systems reporting-related activities.
- May mentor less experienced team members and provide on-the-job training/support to new team members.
- Maintain and analyze monthly credit bureau and systems statistical and reject reports. Track and research rejects and illogical conditions and work with business units to remediate errors within established SLA (Service Level Agreement) timeframes.
- Review business requirement documents and functional specifications impacting credit bureau and systems reporting to ensure full integration of activities. May assist with authoring business requirements for more technical-based enhancements specific to credit bureau and systems reporting requirements.
- Develop and maintain an expert understanding of pertinent Bank systems and operations impacting credit bureau and systems reporting for one or more Servicing system to ensure complete awareness of potential changed reporting impacts.
- Track efforts to remediate credit bureau and systems reporting issues as they are encountered. Schedule and facilitate status meetings with Technology and business subject matter experts to resolve reporting deficiencies.
- Participate in Technology or vendor-related project requests specific to credit bureau and systems reporting changes to ensure continued Bank compliance with changing requirements. May develop and execute test plans/test scripts or review test results.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
The position serves as a Bank credit bureau and systems reporting expert to ensure compliance with industry-standard file formats and required customer information submitted to Consumer Reporting agencies. The position leads ongoing reviews of Mortgage or Consumer Lending systems and business processes as they relate to credit bureau reporting. The position contributes to identifying, documenting, tracking and resolving regulatory/compliance issues related to credit bureau and systems reporting as they arise. The position participates in Bank-wide initiatives that impact credit bureau and systems reporting and interacts with Technology staff, business managers/staff and Compliance officers, among others, to ensure the requisite support for reporting activities.Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Not ApplicableEducation and Experience Required:
Bachelors' degree in a business-related curriculum and a minimum of 2 years' credit bureau data furnishing, Consumer Lending, Mortgage or related experience, or in lieu of a degree a combined minimum of 6 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 2 years' credit bureau data furnishing, Consumer Lending or Mortgage experience
Strong analytical skills
Strong problem-solving skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Experience understanding technical, business and operational impacts of a project or problem
Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software
Proven organizational skills
Experience multi-tasking and prioritizing projects
Sound understanding of the business environment and needs within the area of responsibility
Experience with pertinent system platforms or a solid understanding of most aspects of loan servicing including bankruptcy, foreclosure, default, and collections as it relates to specific reportingEducation and Experience Preferred:
Knowledge of the Credit Reporting Resource Guide (CRRG)
Knowledge of Equifax, Trans Union and Experian credit bureau reporting formats
Understanding of the Bank's application framework
Experience with SQL (Structured Query Language) and writing basic to moderately complex queries
Ability to deliver high quality results under tight time constraints, multi-task and work in a team structure
Knowledge of ChexSystemsPhysical Requirements:Location
Buffalo, New York, United States of America