BGIS is currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist
to join the team in Kerrville, TX . Summary:
The Accounts Receivable Specialist provides financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring customers are properly billed for goods and services, customer payments are properly recorded and payment discrepancies are resolved according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner. This position will also include other duties that will be assigned as needed. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepare, verify, and process invoices for sales or services rendered.
2. Enter data on invoices; ensure proper coding on documents.
3. Use customer portals to submit invoices and follow-up on issues to ensure timely customer payments.
4. Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions and entering them into the accounting software.
5. Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines.
6. Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
7. Research and resolve payment discrepancies.
8. Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records.
9. Assist with Purchase Order processing.
10. Assist with month-end closing.
11. Other duties can and will be assigned as needed. Communication and Reasoning Ability
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions . Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and other team members. Ability to effectively present information to top management. Computer Skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), accounting systems (QuickBooks, Oracle), and the Internet. Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities
- Knowledge of accounts receivable and general accounting principles.
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- General math skills High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Regularly spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers.
- Regularly move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly.
- Regularly spend long hours in intense concentration reviewing and entering financial.
- information into a computer.
- Frequently work in on projects that require deadlines.
Associates Degree in Accounting and 2-5 years of accounts receivable experience ; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.