Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
XPO requires all employees conducting in person work at the Greenwich headquarters to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination before their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or protected religious reasons, you can seek a reasonable accommodation.
As the Manager, Risk Management you will development and implement operational risk improvement initiatives, insurance renewal strategies, and global risk management programs. This position will be responsible for actively managing claims and oversight of claim payment authorization as well as responsibility for preparation of the annual insurance budget. At XPO Logistics, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires.Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan. What you'll do on a typical day:
- Collect, develop and analyze underwriting and exposure information gathering process. This will require interface with various internal departments (Finance, Safety, Legal, Human Resources and Business Units) as well as our insurance brokers, carriers, TPA's and actuaries.
- Assist Senior Director in identifying, assessing and controlling the company's risks, analyzing products offered by the marketplace, and developing/implementing insurance renewal strategy. Participate in renewal negotiations with brokers and underwriters and verify and administer insurance policies.
- Verify process and track all insurance premiums, fee and other invoices. Respond to any notice of cancellations as appropriate.
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- Actively manage claims as required and provide management and oversight of claims payment authorization and reconciliation of invoices
- Prepare annual insurance budget, which includes forecasting premiums, actuarial analysis support, allocations and explaining to the Business Units and Corp Finance the insurance and associated costs in a clear and efficient manner.
- Work with various internal departments and the business to complete the company's insurance applications, including excess liability and all executive coverage applications.
- Assist Director in management of Global Property Loss Control program
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years related experience in risk management or insurance; or other relevant finance experience
- Experience with Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
It'd be great if you also have:
Be part of something big.
- 7 years related experience
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to learn new software and other applications
- Experience identifying opportunities to increase accuracy and optimize resources and develops/recommends/implements solutions.
- Strong aptitude for understanding and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources.
- Ability to produce unambiguous, comprehensive and accurate interpretations.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.