Fukai Toyotetsu Indiana Corporation is a new stamping and welding manufacturer located in Jamestown, Indiana. We are looking for an Accounting Manager to oversee the accounting department functions with a focus on ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of financial statements and reporting. Job Requirements:Job Duties:
- Responsible for all areas relating to accounting & financial reporting
- Develop and maintain accounting practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Create a work environment that delivers under tight deadlines with a culture of teamwork.
- Develop processes for and lead general ledger preparation, financial reporting, audit preparation, budget and forecast activities.
- Develop and lead cash management, banking and credit activity for the company.
- Develop and leads accounts receivable and accounts payable procedures.
- Develop and lead internal department budgeting and reporting processes.
- Develop and lead audit preparation & serves as liaison to accounting related regulatory agencies.
- Ensure compliance with tax, banking, financial reporting regulations for the U.S. and Japan entities.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop long and short-term business plan.
- Lead and develop Accounting staff; accomplish work by leading the Accounting team.
- Work with minimal direction to resolve complex organization issues.
- Collaborate with HR to develop & administer employee expense procedures for company.
- Collaborate with HR to develop & administer pay procedures for company.
- Collaborate with Sales/Purchasing to develop & administer purchase order & receiving procedures.
- Collaborate with Production to develop and administer inventory procedures.
- Inventory control and reconciliation, including reviewing or auditing the adherence to cycle count procedures and assisting with the annual physical inventory.
- Fixed asset control and reconciliation, including assistance with fixed asset physical inventory counts annually.
- Depreciation calculation and analysis, including depreciation forecasts for budgeting or profit planning.
- Support the plant in generating and quantifying cost savings opportunities, and supporting the plant management team with the implementation of cost reduction initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or related area or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years professional Accounting experience
- 3+ years management experience
- Manufacturing experience
- Strong ability to develop your team and create an environment of continuous learning
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and regulations
- General understanding or willingness to learn Japan financial regulations / reporting differences
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and public speaking
- Strong problem-solving skill with a focus on continuous improvement
- Experience in a team-based environment
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, issues, projects with successful delivery
- Strong project management skill
- Excellent judgement and decision making in complex situations
- Able to create and modify documents in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to travel 10%, domestically and internationally.
- Demonstrated ability to link and analyze plant operational metrics to financial performance
- Cost accounting experience, including standard costing, BOM preparation, and routing
- Experience with an integrated ERP system
- CPA / CMA (not required)
- Japanese / American company experience in Accounting
- ADP experience
Work is conducted in an industrial open office setting, with extended time sitting
Frequent movement throughout an industrial plant environment being exposed to high noise levels and equipment normally used in stamping / welding environments