Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function facilitate SG and A forecasts and analyze trends in SG and A, membership, medical costs, and other areas of business. Includes reporting and analysis to business and finance leadership. Researches economic progressions to assist with the organization's financial planning. Presents findings and recommendations to management. Includes responsibility for budget planning and process support.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Interface with business leaders and build relationships in support of financial planning and performance measurement including reporting and analysis
- Perform monthly close analysis to facilitate understanding of monthly results against the financial plan
- Partner with business leaders to evaluate investment opportunities and cost savings initiatives to maximize resources and create efficiencies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in conjunction with budgeting and forecasting process
- Manage business relationship on behalf of the broader Finance organization and Leadership
- Leverage technology and carry out process improvement activities
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant financial analysis or accounting experience
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Office product suite, and other technology tools
- Progressive financial work experience
- MBA or CPA
- Project management or process improvement experience
- Healthcare experience
- Hyperion Essbase and PeopleSoft experience
- Proven financial, analytical, and business acumen
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a matrix environment while positively influencing other functional areas
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to business opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment. Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only:
The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Financial Manager, Manager, Financial, Financial Analysis, Accounting, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote